I’m scared :(

Posted , 8 users are following.

Many of you know me because I’ve been posting quite often the past almost two months. You may know my symptoms already (burning sensation in my belly, pain in the right and left lower abdominal side, sometimes nausea, constipation or diarrhoea).

I went to the doctors twice and they weren’t helpful. I haven’t been too worried lately, but I’m starting to think I  might have a tumor or something. Today I woke up in really bad pain and I had to run to the toilet. I’ve had diarrhoea all day. I had a chocolate cookie last night so it must have been that.

I’m going back to my doctor in a week but i don’t even know what to say to them. When I get there I always feel like they don’t take me seriously and that everything is in my head. I wish to get more tests done to see what’s really wrong with me 😢 I keep telling myself it’s nothing too serious, but so what if I’m going to have a scan and find out I’m dying 😢 

Sorry, I had to speak my mind. There’s none really I can talk to. None seems to understand what I’m going though..

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Tell your doctor everything you have been writing about in your posts.   Don’t think of the worst case scenario because there is no point in worrying about something that may never happen. Tests will help you get answers. Once you get answers, it will relax you.  Your doctor is the expert and will help and reassure you! Keep telling yourself that you will get a diagnosis. I waited three and a half months for diagnosis and gave up hope that I would ever get answers because it was taking so long to get help.  But in the end, I got a diagnosis of IBS and immediately my worries disappeared and I began to get better.  There is always hope!
    • Posted

Thank you! I think I’m mostly worried because I don’t know what’s going on with me and what’s going on in my belly. I wish they would send me for all the tests at once so I wouldn’t have to keep waiting for appointments for tests and then for results etc. It’s very frustrating. I really hope they will give me something that could help the symptoms because I don’t want o keep trying to treat this myself. 
    • Posted

Once you get a diagnosis, you will get treatment.  You should know more on the 5th after your first lot of tests.  You could always ask for any future tests to be brought forward or go private to reduce the waiting time.  I worried before, during and after my tests because they were all negative.  I had a private ultrasound done because I was too anxious to wait a month on the NHS.
    • Posted

Anxiety, fear, stress, you name it. I’m in fear everyday that it might get worse or that I might die or that i won’t be able to eat anymore or that I’ll lose weight to the point my clothes won’t fit me etc. It never ends. Why do we have to wait so long with NHS😭

• Posted

I don’t think our health service is all that great to be honest.  You are lucky if you see a good, efficient doctor.  Most of my doctors were useless at the height of my symptoms and I only got help from one doctor who is now leaving. I was lucky on that one occasion.

I had the same health fears as you and the only thing that helped was getting a diagnosis.  All you can do is to keep hoping against all the odds and try to distract yourself with your hobbies to take your mind off your stomach. This technique worked for me.

• Posted

Are you in England? The most annoying thing is having to wait weeks for an appointment, another week for one test, another week for the results and so on. It’s just a joke. How can one not stress if they don’t know what’s going on with them 😭

• Posted

I’m in England and it can take a month to get a scan on the NHS, that’s why I went private. Once you get a scan, you will know one way or another what is wrong.  Either, causes will be ruled out or something will show up. If nothing shows up on any test, it could be IBS.  Keeping telling yourself every day that you will get diagnosed, because in the end you will get help.  Keeping busy will help you loads while you wait for answers.   Stress will increase your symptoms. 

• Posted

Instead of wasting your time and money trying to find a doctor who will help your suffering condition why don't you go to a hospital E/R where they have the necessary equipment to diagnose your problem while you are there and give you the necessary advice or treatment. They have a team of practitioners not just one doctor.

• Posted

I don’t know if you can go to the hospital just like that unless it’s an emergency...? I’m not sick to the point I can’t wait anymore to see my doctor as for now. I really don’t know how it works.
  • Posted

Ask your doctor for a calprotectin stool test, this indicates inflammation in bowels caused mainly by an ibd, but can pick up tumors (not trying to scare you) if it comes back negative it’s more than likely ibs, if it’s positive you will go for colonoscopy ect
    • Posted

We’ll see what doctor says 😭 Symptoms started out of nowhere. I keep saying it’s cause of Naproxen but I had only taken it for 2 weeks so it couldn’t have affected me. I’m actually freaking out 😞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.