I'm so lost in life and don't know what to do.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Okay, I don’t know if anyone will read this, but I’ll give it a shot. So, I am an 18 year old guy currently living somewhere in the middle east, I’d rather not say which country. So basically, I’m really lost in life and don’t know what to do. Ever since I was a kid, I’m used to depending on my own. Never really asked for help from anyone, not even parents or friends. But now, I’m extremely depressed. I suffer from anxiety. Constantly overthinking. I certainly do not fit in here. Everyone is so worried about pride and religion here but I don’t really care about any of that.And the people here are just pure garbage. You just can’t walk in the street without getting insulted and having to get in a fight every time for no reason. I hate this place. But yet again, I feel like I don’t fit anywhere, not even the States. I have no idea what to do now. No one thinks the way I think. And every time I state my opinion on something I get mocked. So I just stay quiet. And because of that people think I’m weird. I’ve actually felt like this before (even worse), but I was able to turn it around (on my own) over the summer. But ever since school started, it went all bad again. Music is my only escape, but I feel like the music that meant so much to me once, is just pointless now and does not stir any type of emotion. Yeah, I’m in desperate need of help. 

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello..I can understand depression having gone through it for over a year about six years ago.I think it's comforting to know others have gone through or understand what you feel.Depression is something that hits most people but doesn't last long .Most people can't understand why we get depressed for so long and can't snap out of it.While I am considerably older thatn you,when I was younger ,my kids as teenagers went through depression.Teenage years are very trying as so many things are going on it your body.As to being sad where you are,you can always find purpose in things that you are doing and that purpose will keep you going.Dont let others negativity effect you.I am a strong believer in God and my faith keeps my strong. You shouldn't feel bad about reaching out for help. You need not forget how important and unique you are as a person and that there is a plan for your life.Try to find your passion and put your energies into it.Read about others and what they go through.I find that helps a lot.Write back if you would like to chat more.

• Posted

Yeah, actaully knowing people have gone through depression and worse, yet still overcame it, is just comforting. I know I can get over this. The problem is I don't know how. But I'm starting to figure it out, bit by bit. But the thing that's really bugging me is why did I have to be born in a third world country where I don't fit in, you know? I'm a believer in God too, a Christian to be exact. I don't pray too often though, which is wrong. But we don't have Sundays off here. I know that's not a good excuse, but still... Anyway, thank you so much for your time and help. It really means a lot.

• Posted

I'm glad to help.I am a Christian also.Dont beat yourself up.Guilt doesn't do us any any.good as it makes us go backwards.Think of God's grace and how much He loves you and wants the best for you.Always know that God has people you can talk to and we see Him working through others. Be strong..You will get through this.

• Posted

Thank you for your help. Means a lot to me. I know God is out there and he always guides me to the right path.
  • Posted

Hi,

Are you seriously from Middle East. I live in Iran which is located in Middle East.

I don't have any ideas that where YOU are from. The things you have mentioned about fighting and insulting are not TRUE where I live.

You have to accept the situation and live your life. Go on. If you have the possibility of having more than one million dollars, then don't wait, leave your country and immigrate in an European country.

Before making any decisions, get help a doctor. I think you need to visit a psychologist, psychiatrist and 20 sessions of therapy.

Your obsession for thinking and thinking over and over must be cured. This is not fair to have this situation at tge age of 18. You MUST get your B.A. (bachelor art). I mean all you have to do is thinking of your university, graduating, finding a suitable job. You're just 18.

Get some help by visiting a psychiatrist.

Hope feeling better soon

• Posted

Yup, I really am from the middle east, but as I said in my discussion, I'd rather not say which country. Iran is actually a very beautiful place, so I've heard. The people there are also one of the friendliest in the world. I'm actually thinking about going to study in Germany (where there is no tuition fees), and hopefully it works. Thanks a lot for your help.

• Posted

Hi Iado,

It sounds from your discussions that you have a very wise head on young shoulders! You have a mature outlook to life and are sensitive and self-aware too. I think the studying in Germany is a great goal to aim for. You need to get into the company of like-minded people who will listen to what you have to say - they may not agree but it will promote healthy debate. Essentially in life, everyone wants their own opinion to be heard - it is very important. It validates who we are. No one wants to be ridiculed or made to feel insignificant. If enough people do this to us, then we will start to adopt the same attitude about ourselves. Please be strong and don't let this happen to you. Keep a positive & healthy self-image. Do you have Christian friends with whom you can communicate openly without feeling bad? I wish you every success in your life ahead. You have connected with many new friends here so you know where to come if you need support :-)

• Posted

Hey there. Messaged u last week. X how u feeling? Xx any better?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.