I'm trying to taper off today and I just need some help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I keep trying to start my own thread and it was suggested that I do one of my own because of my comments on another one and I totally agree and if anyone can help me I'm trying to taper off and I just need help. Have got two days to do it in and I'm afraid of what's going to happen. My wife is tired of going through this and I've done it multiple times. She's sticking with me and I couldn't love her anymore but I don't want to put her through this anymore

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm sorry but I believe you've reached the point where you can't do this on your own. Like me. Can you get help from your doctor? He will point you in the right direction hopefully x
    • Posted

He doesn't want to prescribe me Librium anymore because I've detoxed at least 4 or 5 times in the past year already
    • Posted

Thank you for the suggestion about the TSN list. I will try to find somebody on there who can help me out
    • Posted

I hate to say it but here in California the Bay Area all anybody wants to do is send you to aa and I don't agree with them and I don't get along with them and I'm not saying that it's bad or I totally know that does work for certain people but it doesn't work for me and that's the only thing they want you to do
    • Posted

If you don't find anything, let me know. I know of a couple more in California. The ones in the list marked "Verified" know how to prescribe per TSM, so they're a notch above your usual type of doc. 

In any case, if you're getting blocked or pushed towards AA or just plain not getting respect, let me know. You shouldn't have to put up with that stuff. 

• Posted

thank you so much for replying to me and helping me. I sometimes think that people just don't understand the amount of difficulties that we try to go through to just get help. Thank you for knowing how how it is
    • Posted

No problem. I'm rather taken aback by the attitude around there, we've had folks looking to do TSM that have a hard time finding a doc that will prescribe Naltrexone for them. I'll PM you a name of a doc in that area, not cheap but actually has a TSM page on her website. I'll see what else I can dig up too. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much. I've tried to talk to my wife about this and I think it's the only thing that I can do now
    • Posted

Ok, check your PM's, I was a bit long-winded about it...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.