I'm very worried because how my stool look like and the weird symptoms I have!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone, I would like to start by thanking everyone here for being so supportive for each other, I really really really appreciate that!

About 5 weeks ago I posted about my problem and the symptoms I have and still have, please take a minute or two to read my previous post because this post is continuation for that post considering that I still suffer from the same symptoms with new ones

I'm very worried and anxious because of my new symptoms! 1 month ago I started adapting a more healthy life style, I avoid junk food, sugar, I exercise frequently, and aim to lose weight and I already lost some weight during this time, I noticed that my blood pressure is much better now (I bought a new monitor too), I have better stamina, clearer mind, less breathing problems and can handle climbing stairs better than before, my other symptoms remained the same

As for my new symptoms that started even a bit before changing my diet are :

• I could feel something moving inside my abdomen (I'm a male btw), especially in the right side, sometimes like vibration, sometimes it's like heartbeats

• I can't sit for long time without having pain in the right side of my abdomen

• Just under the rib cage there's a point on the right side that is very sensitive for touch, when I touch it I jump of the strong sensation! It's like extremely ticklish but not exactly like the sensation I get from normal tickling, it happen when I touch it three or four times but then the feeling temporary disappear when touched again, it's not painful and I don't feel anything under the skin when I press, it's just weird and I can't understand why it happens.

• The most worrying thing is that few weeks ago I started to see that my stool now have black specks /spots in it and always floating, I thought in the beginning that it's normal and will go on it's on, but now it's been weeks and every time I finish a bowel movement I see that my stool is floating, dark brown coloured and has black specks /spots on it! It didn't help that I Googled what that means and discovered that it's maybe a problem in the liver! Which is why I'm terrified and anxious! I read that it can be due dietary change but I'm sure that all the food listed isn't in my diet, not to mention it's the same when I do cheat days and eat things like I used to do before, I have normal number of bowel movements per week (usually 5-7)

having anxiety is the hardest thing for someone who's unable to figure out what causes his/her symptoms

Anyone can help me figure out my problem and if I should be worried or not? Are people with IBS notice the same stool change?

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You state everything that is wrong but you do not state if you have consulted any medical professional to correct your condition. The support group on this site are not medical professionals. We can only follow up on what you have already done and expand upon it based on our own situations.

• Posted

Yeah sorry I should've talked about that too, in these past few weeks I didn't go to any doctor because I gave up on them, it's been half a year and no one of them figured what's the real problem, always giving me assumptions and prescribing many medical pills which I took them believing what they say but my symptoms remains the same, last time my doctor said it's just anxiety

Despite that I'm now willing to go back to the doctor and request a stool test just because I'm so terrified of these symptoms and especially the stool change

• Posted

Stools can change in colour, shape, size and consistency with IBS. Constipation and or diarrhoea or loose stools is a major symptom of this condition. Some people find certain foods hard to digest and food particles can appear in the stools. I would see your doctor who will arrange tests to rule out other causes if you haven't done so already. Your doctor is the best person to advise you rather than googling symptoms. Trying to self diagnose is often inaccurate and only leads to panic and anxiety.

None one here can diagnose you because we are not doctors and the best we can do is to give you advice. Only your doctor can figure out what you have . For those of us who are not medically trained it is unlikely that we will be able to work out our symptoms on our own. Seeing your doctor is the best way to relieve your anxiety because you will have more of a chance of getting a firm diagnosis and treatment.

• Posted

Thank so much for your advice!

Unfortunately it's not easy to me to see a doctor because the medical costs of the many tests he will likely do to see if the problem from the colon, stomach, nervous system, liver, or anxiety. I tried to get a health insurance, but health insurances in my country are similar to giving you a discount of 20-50%, you will still pay tons of money but with discounts, not to mention they don't cover the cost of medical tests at all

The only hospital I can afford to go now is the worst one of them

• Posted

Unfortunately, the only way forward for you is to see a doctor. Try to save up for the medical tests you need.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.