I messed up baaaaad

Posted , 5 users are following.

About ten years ago I hurt my back. Started going to pain management. After a few years the meds didn't work so I started using heroin. Now after ten years my mother passed away and now I'm living with my father and little brother. Recently I started using my fathers credit card to buy gift cards from stores to trade for a fix. He hasn't found out yet. But will soon because he is I. The middle of looking for a house to buy and he had paid down a couple cards and I ran them up a few hundred dollars. I'm freaking out now and don't know what to do. I want to tell him but I'm afraid of the consequences. And my little brother has a big mouth and will blab to everyone. Any advice. Please be serious

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

so,  you are going to cheat.

Jessie.

• Posted

You seem very quick to stand in judgement and take the moral high ground on this matter....Sometimes life does,nt go according to plan and I,m sure un46143 has done far worse than cheat on a urine analysis....This guy is trying to get his life back into some order, remember he too lost a parent...Yes cheating is wrong, stealing is wrong, drug taking is wrong. Walk a mile in someone elses shoes before passing judgement.......jx
    • Posted

jayne,   I have not lectured nor stood in judgement but my word you have a lot to say in your jumps to what you  imagined was being implied.

Back off,  let the boy reply himself should he feel so inclined.

Jessie.  

Jessie

• Posted

What "back off" so that someone like you can drag him down with your ongoing negetivity...So you BACK OFF if you have no words of encouragement or support then please shut up.

jx

• Posted

Jayne I know you are in a bad way with your moods and emotions but you are making a twit of yourself here,   and being very rude,  take some time out until you are in a better frame of mind.

Take care

Regards Jessie.

• Posted

" A Twit " Thank you I accept your words of encouragement...Oh just a reminder this is not about you or I...surprise...its about uni46143. jx
    • Posted

Hello Jayne,   Yes!  it is about un46143,  and all opinions are valid,  we here on this forum are all just offering our different opinions and thoughts on the problem he posted.  It is always good to get other peoples take on things, it can give us another perspective on the things that we have drawn a blank on or just have just plain run out of answers for.    

We are all in pain one way or another - it's why we are all here,   it is good that we can share our troubles,   and hopefully through all the thoughts that are shared with us we can find a way to ease our  lives a little.   Those close to us ( if we have anyone ) are not always the easiest to talk to,  they don't understand or they hurt for us and are at a loss to know what to do for the best, strangers can say exactly what they think and because they are strangers their words are taken in by us in a different way,  kind of at a safe distance.  We can't of course tell about all the factors that are involved,  we only give a ' rough sketch '  of our lives and problems  and then hope  that through all the replies we will be able to take something from them that will give us strength or a spur to keep us going.    

We can all be twits at times,  it keeps us human and lends a little humour to our lives when we look back - (when life is being kinder to us) and hopefully we will laugh a little.    

We are strangers and other peoples problems are not ours to take personaly or become the sole responsibilty of solving,  we share our thoughts is all.

Take care

Regards Jessie x

• Posted

Yes we can all be twits even me..and that did actually make me laugh and just for a moment the physical pain that I was in subsided....We cannot fix people we can only offer support....jx
    • Posted

Hello jayne,

laughter is the best medicine!   I do hope that you can find more to laugh about in the future - not easy when in constant pain and I must admit it is myself that I laugh at the most,  put it down to my age and senior moments - it's either that or sit down and weep lol.

We do try to fix people, I think it is a natural instinct in women, our maternal hormones forever coming in to play,  best of all it's free and with a bit of luck we get it right,  a big happy smile when a problem is solved / sorted is priceless -  and of course support.  

keep on supporting Janye,  you are needed by us all.

Take care and look after yourself.

Warmest regards

Jessie x

• Posted

I agree laughter is the best medicine and yes I admit that maternal instinct kicked in...The good news and I trust Uni would be happy for me to share. He has spoken to his Dad ( wow ) I know such a brave thing to do. I don,t think it would be wise for me to add to this but things are looking up for the young man...

The problem with supporting someone who is in a position, that you personally have experienced .....is you wanna shout noooooooo don,t do it that way and you put your own interpretation on his situation which is similar but not the same..

Warmest regards to you too wisdom from age is priceless.

Take Care and best wishes jx

• Posted

i wo dad did,he will not be happy but will support youuld make plans to get clean,detox and AA worked for me.then sit down your dad and tell him the truth,too early for a serious apology,but work the program hard,the 12 steps and tell him you will try to make it right.its not that you dont love him,you are just an addict.if he loves you like my
  • Posted

detox,join AA,tell your dad the truth,he loves you.work the 12 steps hard.pray to the good lord for strength.hes the answer.god bless
  • Posted

Hello un46143,

hope you doing ok.

un,   you seem to want to sort  your life out and get on the right track,  to do this you need to take a deep breath, straighten your shoulders and lift your chin so that you can look the world in the eyes with a strong sure gaze.  Tea and sympathy are not going to help in the long term.    Losing your mum has made the fight with pain and drugs harder to manage but taking easy options will just leave you with more problems to sort out in the future.

My replies have be given a misleading slant by jayne,  you asked for serious replies/advice and I replied not unkindly,  just without soft touchy feely words,  if I had felt badly towards you or had no sympathy  I would not have bothered replying to you at all - would just have ignored your post.  

Your final words prompted me to reply with no frills,  I do think you are trying to get a firm grip and control of your life at a very emotional time and I wish you well.    I hope by now you have your job and are enjoying it,   steady work with regular hours and a decent pay check will go a goodly way to getting you a better life,   family life improvements will follow given time.

Do let us know how you are getting on.

Regards

Jessie.

• Posted

Hi there

just touching base with you to find out how things are going...Thinking of you, and the dilfficult place that you are at...Please take care jx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.