I need a new body please!!!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi all, I have posted a few times on here but i feel so down with everything at the mo i just don't know what to do. I am using HRT patches but after trying a few regimes I still feel horrible, really horrible. I'm intolerant of progesterone in most patches it seems except for the femseven but these give no relief from my aches and pains, forgetfulness, total exhaustion, no enthusiasm, foggy brain, hair loss plus i can't fight off infections at all - I've currently had a cold for 5 weeks now. I really think synthetic HRT just does not suit my body at all but really need help as I have suffered for years now ever since my periods stopped...

I live in the UK and I can't get any help at all from my GP around bio's, she'll only prescribe the usual synthetic HRT. I have tried asking for advice regarding bio-identical HRT creams but she won't consider it at all due to it not being on the NHS and therefore not on formulary for her to prescribe plus i don't think they make them over here? Sadly it's the case for other doctors in my practice too. It's so hard to get help.

My doctors won't do blood tests as they say they aren't good markers for hormone levels as levels change throughout the day so I'm really not sure how to get the correct dosage of creams or anything bio that maybe I could buy in? Plus as well as dosage issues, I have no idea of what are reputable bio creams online?! I've tried utrogestran tabs too and they made me so ill. I have a uterus so defo need oestrogen and progesterone.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I wish i lived in the US as the info/help over there seems much more encouraging...

Thank you in advance and I'm really sorry to moan on as I know many of you guys are suffering too.

AJ. xx

3 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there

I too live in the UK and I find there is not a lot of attention given to it. Gp's I don't think know enough in this side of the world and seem more informed in the US.

I am on HRT Patches and I find I am still getting the symptoms and I honestly feel the only way is through it,.

Hope you feel better soon.

CK

• Posted

Hi there,

I have now been patch free for around 3 weeks as I finally ripped it off in disgust after finding a lump in my breast... this has since gone down but scary.

The hot flushes are back but not too bad but my brain fog is awful and I feel just as exhausted. I'm just considering what to do next!!

As i previously worked in pharmacy, a pharmacist colleague sent me the new hrt guidelines which I'll have a look at soon... but to be honest, as many have said on here... help in the UK is pretty limited so I'm not sure I'll get anywhere!!

I have started to take magnesium, vitamin D, evening primrose and b vits so I'll wait & see if they make a difference too. Although I'm getting skeptical that nothing but our own natural hormones will work! 😦

xxx

• Posted

I hear you .... I am married to a pharmaist! and he had heard all of my woes...

The memory thing is shocking. Checking whether ive done stuff time and time again and you lose confident in yourself and Im just 48..

Women are amazing and once we get out the other side, there will be no stopping us. Thank God for this forum and living in this era. Think of the ladies who were sent to asylum's as they thought they were losing thier minds.

Imagine, bless them. At least we can share here and support each other, and that is a blessing.

Without prayer to the man above and this place, I'd hate to think

Hang tight memo sis!! 😃

CK

• Posted

Thank you, so am I, the lump really freaked me out!

I'm 47 and this meno saga has been going on since i was around 43!! 😦

I'm hoping the old me, her brain & memory, are still around somewhere and will return soon as I am forgetting and getting confused about the most ridiculous things!

Yes, I have a strong faith too and I pray that soon He will see I've done my meno time and bring back the old me... until then thank god for chocolate but even that is unkind and seems to plant itself straight on my bottom, hips and tummy more and more these days!

Things could be worse of course so we've got to be thankful and soldier on!

Stay strong and thank you for your support 😃

AJ. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.