I need feed back on hemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 10 users are following.

My hemorrhoids got bad 2 months ago to where the doctor recommended the hemorrhoidectomy. He said they are internal prolapse hemorrhoids. I went to the e.r. a month ago because I couldn't push them back in and it was painful. I changed my diet lost 12 pounds and it helped for two weeks and I felt great. These last two weeks I been miserable having to push them back in, using creams and sitz bathes I don't like, it makes it feels like their bulging out and hurt. Its like a bunch of grapes I have to push back in and now I have pain and stinging. I know this isn't nothing compared to the hemorrhoidectomy but I am deathly afraid of the surgery since I been reading alot of the forums on here. I really think I need it done and I would like to hear if anyone was able to make the pain less severe after a week or any opions would help. I'm in Michigan.. nobody ever says where they are from on here. I'm really scared, I dont know how everyone on here did it but I hope it improved your bathroom visits back to normal.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ok. I had halo surgery 10 days ago. People say the pains better bla bla bla. It's not. It's horrendous and agony. Please don't do it to yourself. These types of operations have been banned in India due to the sheer uselessness of them and pain caused. Recovery is a Loooong road. I would rather have piles any day over what I went through. Which I do anyways because they have come back already. My advice. Don't push them back in. Leave them to do their thing and treat yourself with diet, baths, and find a cream that works best for you. Vaseline helps me the most. If I knew what I know now I would have definitely focused on my lifestyle more seriously as treatment and never ever have even thought about surgery

• Posted

Man thats exactly what I'm afraid of is the horrendous pain and the long recovery. I can tolerate the pain I'm in right now but it's annoying to where I can't plan my day or really go anywhere. If I eat ONE BAD THING it affects my bowel movement the next day and that really sucks and puts me in pain all day. I've been eating healthy over a month and my stools are soft, formed and come out easily but I'll NEVER be able to eat nothing but healthy foods unless I wanna be in pain the next day. Its hard not having a normal life and it sucks. Idk what to do and what yoyr saying scares me even more sad

• Posted

Hi Valerie, I had my operation 4 days ago and I have never felt so much pain, it's,making me really miserable. I'm having lactulose 3 times a day and I'm getting the urge to open my bowels every 5 min. Last night was awful had no sleep as I was up down to the toilet all night. I tried slow breathing panting everything but I didn't do anything till 6am this morning. All I can say is it was like passing razor blades and it wasn't a great amount mainly blood. Now again I'm wanting go but it's just wind but even that hurts like mad. My hemroids were really bad as well as my prolapse. Does it get any easier please.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.