I need help.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am a teacher who got caught drinking  last night at prom. I stand to lose everything. I don't know what to do. 

0 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My reply went Missing !!!

Pi**ed off because it takes me ages to Post.

Index finger tap, tap, taaaaaaappppp !   Aaaggggeeeeesssssss !

I am not dealing with things very well today.

Hospital Apps. have that effect on me...I have to freaking go back to hosp. tomorrow.

Anyway, this Post is about you.

Please ask me anything about Selincro/ Nalmefene, I have been taking it for six weeks.

Alonangel 🎇

P.S. There are "Closet Teachers" out here.....ssshhhhh!

• Posted

Being in the US, Leslie doesn't have access to Selincro/Nalmefene as that is only available in Europe.

Leslie's option for the medication to do this method is called Naltrexone.

• Posted

Hey, Leslie...... no stress questioning, but I am a very curious sort of person. Harmless, but curious.  So, gender... Are you Male or Female?  Next,  age- group ?   Next,  relationship status ?

Don't worry , I don't want to "meet" anyone" !!!!!  I have just hurt myself laughing at the thought.  I am a physical and mental wreck, suffering from Alcohol Use Disorder and various other sh*t. 

Your situation seems very unfair... BUT... you could make it your salvation (nod to Bible Belt).

I hope you keep Posting.

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Well , well.  That info. is an eye-opener, Joanna.  I have obviously bought into the media bumf... that the U.S.A. is ahead of the U.K. and Europe.

I have relatives in U.S.   'Nuff said !  

OK... I know that they "Enjoy a drink"... but we are all of Irish Origin.

Someone told me that a person who "likes a drink" in "The Old Country", was actually suffering from "Life- threatening, Severe, Alcoholic Liver Disease", at the very least !!!

Me? Guilty, as charged !

The road is long.

I have a feeling that I may end up in hospital, again, soon.

All Good Wishes,

Alonangel🎇

• Posted

Yeah, it's interesting about the UK vs USA treatment of drinkers and addicts - each country seems to have their plus and negative points.

When you read all the information with regards to Selincro, from way back when over the years, the manufacturers (a company called Lundbeck) decided against trying to launch Selincro in the States because they only have a 10 year exclusivity patent, and they viewed that it would take far too long, and be far too expensive, to try and overcome the extremely strong 'abstinence is the only way' system that is used in America and by the FDA.  Since then, the FDA are reviewing things, however, so that might be a plus later in years to come.

It was deemed that Europe had the more likely possibility of a relatively quick (in terms of medications) approval and therefore it would open numerous countries to be able to launch the medication in the most cost effective way.

Incidently, the next country that Selincro should be launched in is Japan.  They are currently well into Phase 3 clinical testing and is hoped that they may be able to bring Selincro to the market much later this year.  That would be fantastic as Japan actually has a huge issue with alcohol use disorder.

• Posted

I do not mean to comment  inappropriately... but... you know now that I am going to... Does Japan  have a RAPIDLY EXPANDING WHISKY MARKET ?

I have been down the whisky(Scottish stuff),whiskey(Irish stuff), route. 

I am wondering about the Celtic, ethnic, genetic input.

I cannot touch whisky/whiskey now... unless I want to end up in A. & E.  Spirits et moi, --- non, non, non.  Sick, sick, sick.  ... Shame.

Alonangel 

• Posted

Have no idea what they drink, but if I remember correctly the stats were ridiculous.

In excess of 800,000 with a serious dependency problem, 10 million with a potential dependency problem.

And only 50,000 actually receiving treatment!!

• Posted

I bet the 10 million are really just the tip of the serious dependency problem.

I have the problem, but I am a realist... now !

Oh dear !

You have a " job for life"... "every cloud...", I don't mean to be flippant, but things are NOT GETTING BETTER ! In the great big, real world.

• Posted

Ok I made it one week.  Is it normal to find yourself trying to say it's alright to have just one drink?  Am I just a total dumbass? What is wrong with me?
    • Posted

yea..leslie..unfortuantely I have found that it is NORMAL for an alcoholic...to think they can just have one drink! 

​There is a story in the Big Book...about a guy...who thinks he can just have one drink and he convinces himself if he has a drink with milk...it really isn't a drink (something like that)...it just shows...the way our brains (alcoholic) brains work....and how it tricks us...to believe that we CAN do it.

​We think we have LEARNED...but something happens once the alcohol enters our bloodstream (they say in AA - ALL BETS ARE OFF)....we as alcoholics can control the amount we drink....most of the time.

​Distract yourself as much as possible...eat something..

​Hungry, Angry, Lonely and Tired (H.A.L.T.) - means stop and address any of these things..and usually a craving will pass.

• Posted

WE AS ALCOHOLICS CANT control the amount we drink..most of the time..once we drink.
    • Posted

It's normal to test yourself, it is also normal to fail.
    • Posted

Thank you Missy. Halt. Makes tons of sense. I have an appointment Thursday if I can just make it!  
    • Posted

Your brain remembers how to compel you to get the drink, which releases endorphins, which makes the craving pathway stronger. Even though you feel better without drinking, the part of your brain that compels you doesn't respond to logic or reason, it literally has no use for it. The combo of getting the conscious mind to override that along with a medication to begin erasing the craving is what works in the long run. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.