I need help. Alcoholism.

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm new here, however I can be in bit of a denial when it comes to alcohol intake.

I've drank till I've passed out since I was 18yrs old. However I've never had alcohol before my 18th birthday.

I am now 28yrs old, and I drink over 8/9 cans 440ml 6% cider (scrumpy jack) every day.

I want to quit, but trying to quit leads a few things, 1. I cannot sleep so I often go to work the next day tired with no sleep and 2. anxiety, especially feeling my heart pump (cos I can feel that very vividly, and fear that It'll stop and I'll have a heart attack), this mainly stems from the fact my dad died of one. As a result, I get even more anxiety and cant sleep further more. 3. I suffer bad heartburn that ONLY occurs when I dont drink, so I drink to avoid it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best course for cutting down and stopping all together? Be most helpful, thanks.

1 like, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am worried as to why your reply to me, sent over 15 hours ago, has been sent to be moderated.
    • Posted

The thread has been tidied up, CIW got a bit excited and went off topic, so it would appear that the mods have been round and deleted a few to bring it back on topic.
    • Posted

Thank you, RHGB.  I am worried that he is annoyed with me regarding a previous comment.  I did try to explain, afterwards.  I am very easily upset.

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

I hope that you are keeping well, now that the dust has settled on your Medical Information Bombshell.

Take care,

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

I've already emailed the gastroenterology senior secretary (nice person, I've dealt with her before), my list of requests for the meeting on the 10th May with the gastroenterologist. Just so he knows that this isn't going to be a 10 minute meeting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.