i need help i need to know im going to be ok :(

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi my names Beata (19 years old) i have nowhere to turn too and im always on this page so im writing this to see if ANYONE out there has what im going through and can help me or dealt with this, i have been suffering with generalized anxiety i guess all my life but it just hit me 3 months ago i went to go see a doctor told me it was anxiety gave me two medications but i stopped taking them (proac and lorazepam) because HORRIBLE side effects and withdrawels are HORRIBLE i only took prozac for a week and lorazepam for a month after i stopped taking them i started to feel better like i was happy again but then it hit me where i didnt leave the house for 2 months i was scared i had agoraphobia the thought of even going down the block freaked me out my chest started to feel heavy and i couldnt breathe i have gotten better with that but i still struggle time to time only because when i start to walk i get a heavy chest i start to think to myself what if this happens or what if this is wrong with me i cant stop thinking negative its horrbile i cant go 5 mins away from my house i feel derealized / depersonalized but the sympthoms im having i hope someone can say its from anxiety and i will be ok and that they dealt with the same i get a heavy chest i get shaky when i wake up my calf hurts in both legs i feel dizzy like vertigo feeling sometimes i feel like my head has a lot of pressure in it and it scares me i cant do anything but research what i feel i cant concentrate when im with my boyfriend im fine for a while then it starts to creep up on me i need help please someone help me im afraid im going to die or im going to lose control please someone give me gidence that i will be ok sad 

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

beatable first your not going to die. It's important to get that out of your head.I have been/am in the same situation but am learning to deal with it. Second talk to your GPS most gpsuccessful do listen.Normally if you are put on a drug it's because they feel you need it you should never stop taking them without first speaking to your gp.side effects can be helped but only if you tell your gp.

It has taken me a long time to realise this.

Is there any other person you trust that you can talk to? If so try talking and perhaps taking them with you to the gp that way if you feel uneasy telling the gp what's happening they can do it for you! I am not saying it's going to be easy but it does get a bit easier.

• Posted

i really appreciate your reply thank you and im so scared to go back to the doctor i always hated them and i have my boyfriend but i feel like im so annoying always talking about my anxiety becuase its always the same thing and i always feel like im not going to be ok but other know i will be its just the feelings i experiance that make me doubt this i wake uo anxious my stomach hurts then it stops after an hour when i walk i get chest tightness because of my breathing i sike myself out going on walks because i feel like something is going to happen to me i have dealt with panic attack where i sat through it and it felt great to beat it but it scares me my eyes start to feel weird when i walk my head feels like a band is squeezing it i cant walk on main streets cause i feel like to much is going on i feel like im going crazy and this will never end sad

• Posted

I am not going to say that it will end soon .but I feel like I am getting better and I have and amy still suffering but genuinely feel different I feel that things are changing have changed! I don't know why but I feel different.

I hope that you will find a way to feel better or at least a point where you feel that you can cope.it'll take time but it'll happen.

I never ever thought I would be happy again put I am feeling a lot happier now than I have for a few years. Yet I have not changed any of my habits/routines nothing.Losing Mum almost broke me and being robbed by my drug addled daughter didn't help much either. Then Dad passing. I would have thought that that was it normally I would have broken down but no I feel like a great weight has been lifted I actually feel Normal? I honestly hope things get better for you soon

• Posted

im so sorry to hear that rolleyes and im happy to hear hat you are happy again and that continues for you and that you continue to feel like yourself again and i hope  get that place soon myself i will deff be working on it and i hope the best for your future smile 

• Posted

I just want you to know to have faith. Things will get better you need to give it time. I know its hard sometimes but what i have learned is that you need to be patient the natural reaction is that you want it to go away as soon as possible but its not like that. I realized and excepted that my panic attacks and anxiety will not go away the next day i hope some day they will but for now i excepted the feelings that i get when i go through them. I get what you get too but for me is when im in the car to any destination, i get the heavy feeling, palpations, pressure, on my left chest, weakness my whole body, when i do things and some not all the little things i do cause my heart to race a little when i barely do much feels like i went sprinting when i havent. You are not alone i go through it every single day im not going to say it does not bother but it does im learning as i go through this journey but things happen for a reason and just because theres people out there say that anxiety is for life is not true we are all different. Have Faith!

• Posted

aww thank you for your reply i really appericate it it means so much and im happy to know you are coping better and learning to move on because its hard no one understands unless they have gone through it and know what its like i know other people have it worse and stuff but its hard to rap your mind around it and learn to accept it and i hope the best for you and the future and im happy to know im not alone or none of us are and everything is just in our minds and we can beat this like today i went on a walk and forced myself to go a little further to see that i will be ok and i did it its a good feeling but when i got back my head feels like its going to come off so much pressure inside and we do all wish it can help i pray to god every day that i wake up feeling ok but i need faith and to learn how to cope and no matter what it will pass fear and pain doesnt last forever 
  • Posted

Hello Beata8413, 

Trust me, you are not alone. It is an itereseting fact that most mental illnesses delevope to its "full potential" when we reach early adulthood, such as 19 to early 20's. I always had a bit of anxiety and irrational fears growin up! Even as a little girl. At the time I was able to ignore the thoughts and fears, and never thought I had a mental illness... Until my 19th birthday. That day was so hard for me. I felt something bubbling up in my gut and it was just this awful sense of fear and I wanted to just RUN. Run away from something, but I did not know what. A few weeks later I fell into the full spiral of anxiety and I lost almost 25 lbs in about a month. I was unable to eat, keep any food dow that I did eat, because every single morning, like clockwork, I would throw up from the knot I carried in my stomach all day to the night. I did not want to leave my house eiter, but my mother forces me. I did take medication in the past, but I thought I was strong enough without it...so I got off. What happens, is, your brains chemicals are not balanced. There is a ripple in th chemical flow in your brain (and everyones who has any mntal illness, the severitis are just sometimes different) So, when your doctor gave you those medications, it started to even out that chemical in your brain that was telling your body to freak out and have irrational thoughts... So you started to feel "normal". When you got off, it took a bit for your brain to adjust to now being off the medication again, so your brain had to get back to its "normalcy", which is "panic/freak out" mode. Now, I have tried a few medications before. Some gave me awful side effects as well & almost all are awful to get off of, but, If you talk to your doctor, I am SURE there is something that can help you. Also, there are NATURAL pills/tables that you can take such as St. John's Wort. The say not to mix these with other drugs though for anxity, so please research and talk to people who know about this drug to see if it is right for you. It is not really a drug, it is more like a supplement, sort of like a vitamin. I had my chiropractor perscribe this to me. I did not take it though, because I am on Zoloft and have been for a few years now. I am now 24. I still battle anxiety. It become a lifestyle. You have to lear each day to fight it! I read a lot about this illness, I talked to many doctors/therapists and even a psychiatrist. I have watched a lot of videos on anxiety, depression, ocd & panic disorder. And I have some self help DVDs. You can find many self help videos on youtube.. Also, take up meditation and yoga. it souds silly, I thought so before too, but it will help you. I also enjoy giving my self positive affirmations in mantra form when things get hard. Our minds are constantly telling us how awful things are and all the bad that is going to happen, so counter attack it with all the positive things i your life! When anxety says, "What if this happens?" Ask if back, "So? What if it does?" And then plan out a way you can handle that current situation that leaves you feeling worried and scared. Mantras are the best! Repeat things to yourself daily, as axiety comes close... "I am strong. I can do this. Anxiety will not win. I am strong. I can do this. Anxiety will not win!!" Over and over until you feel better. Write. Stories, journal enteries, poetry... Just write. It is KEY for the anxious mind to stay OCCUPIED and distracted fro its own self. Do the things that scare you. It scares you to walk outside? Do it! Take baby steps. One day step out the front door, the next, dow the driveway, the next onto the side walk, the next down the block...so on and so forth. Anxiety is just trying to protect you. It is not an intelligent helper sometimes, sometimes it makes you fear silly things, but it thinks it is helping to keep you safe, So show your brain there is no fear! I learned that if you begin DEEP breathing right when you feel a panic attak about to come, it'll stop it in its tracks! True fact. You can not have a panic attack when you are taking deep, full breaths. Panic attacks come when your breathing gets contricted from fear. So, when you feel it about to come, take a deep and slow breath in, hold it for another 4 seconds & then release for 4. Repeat this a few times until you feel better! I hope this helped you. Stay strong. You are not alone. I suffer daily. Feel better! 

• Posted

your post really helped me thank you so much for replying to me i really appreciate it and my anxiety comes from my childhood but i never understood it so i didnt care for it now that im older it hit me i had abusive father he was an alcholic and i seen it growing up i woke up wanting to throw up go to school and sit there until my mom got home because i didnt want to see him or go to a friends house and stay there all the time he had a severe stroke 2 years ago and it was my senior year of high school and i found him after school.. i copped with it for so long and now i fear that it will happen to me from anxiety or other things will like heart failure and nobody will help me or i wont be found on time death scares me cancer or any health problem scares me and thats why i stay inside but i know no matter if im inside anything can still happen its just my safe zone and i do go on walks never to far but to where i feel comfortable and i try to do it everyday they say exercise helps but how can i do that when im inside i tried doing some exercies off of youtube but had an anxiety attack almost from it so that scared me and i write in my joural i got for christmas on how i felt all day goals for the next day postive quotes but still wake up in a funk it sucks but we all can do this and we can all beat this anxiety and live happy i dont trust pill from what happened to me after i stopped taking them so i want to do things natural i hope you beat this too anxiety cant win have to destroy what destroys us. I hope you feel better too! thank you smile 

• Posted

You are going to be OK. It's the worst feeling I know all about it but you are going to be fine. Your brain and feelings are just over energised and it will take a while to get it back to normal.

Have you tried "no panic"- look them up on the on Internet. Call them anytime between 10am to 10pm. Have a chat they have really helped me.

Good luck and just keep going you will get there in the end .

• Posted

thank you so much for your reply! and i will deff look and call smile i hope you are ok as well

• Posted

I'm getting there . It's a long road and not easy but keep going . Sometimes you feel like you've gone backwards but you haven't! The anxiety tricks us some many times. It has a lot to do with accepting the anxiety in what ever form it takes. But that's easier said than done.

Knowing that you can be cured is something to aim at .

• Posted

you are completely correct and it is a long road but we are all in this and we can all do this no matter what 
  • Posted

Hi i have same problem and sometimes i say to my self you know what ok anxiety kill me and it wont and use that as a weapon against anxiety. Please try it see if it helps as you will gain strength knowing you wont die
    • Posted

anxiety is a funny thing (not really ) but like it acts like its going to hurt you but we all know it will never kill us it just gives us these thoughts and feelings 24/7 that something really is wrong when there isnt but sometimes its hard for us to rap our heads around that thought that we are ok and we will be ok i want to be strong again and be "normal" feeling it takes time but we can do this

• Posted

When i get anxiety i have to think where's the nearest hospital. And also i have discussed it with someone's who understands what i go through and told them can I rely on to take me to hospital if i feel panic attack

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.