I need help solving this problem

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I am 29 years old male, I suffer from sudden onset of tachycardia rates going from 178 to 220 bpm, I've suffering from this for 11 years all started me being in a party a d some drunk head hit me in the chest and the tachycardia started I felt unwell but it resolved after 25 minutes but leaving me exhausted, scared and confused , In 2005 I visited a cardiologist and he told me I have Mitral valve prolapse and my Tachycardia was because of it and to just live with it.

I don't have episodes frequently maybe 5 per year but they are quite terrifying I feel light headed, dizzy sometimes I sweat a lot, I learn to stop it laying down and hold my breath for 30 seconds and keep doing that then I feel a big thump and my heart goes back to normal.

After I few years I started running long distance and discovered that exercise triggers more this arrhythmia and it takes longer for me to get it back to sinus rhythm one episode lasted 1 hour and 35 minutes, I never seek for medical help because I ways thought it was my MVP problem.

Back to me getting more older symptoms start getting more annoying, feeling faint but not actually fainting my left side artery of the neck pumps like a mad machine when I have an episode.

I decided to go back to a new cardiologist he made an echo and Holter for 24 hours coming back normal a d he said no actual mitral valve prolapse a d only mild regurgitation. I was shocked when he told me my Tachycardia is coming from other part and needs monitoring.

I go on with my life I travelled to Portugal to visit relatives, I was in super market I started speed walking to my mom and I feel BAAM like a bubble bursting in the center of my chest (actually hurted)and the tachycardia startex i felt yucky dizzy and feeling faint but just for a few seconds no chest pain just light headed and scared because I never had that burst feeling I panicked called ambulance they came took my heart beat 208 paramedic was scared put me in ambulance straight away sadly she didn't have portable ECG, when I lay down on the ambulance bed it stopped but not like before not with the big thump I'm used too, they did x ray, ECG ( not having the episode) and blood test. All normal.

I went back to UK since then I feel extreme bad, unable to exercise, short of breath, my heart fluctuates like crazy I can be laying in bed and goes 44 bpm to 83 bpm me doing nothing. When I stand up it can go to 117 bpm and then back to 88 then 109 then 123 then 77. Just ridiculous, I feel so tired exhausted even if I sleep well. I went to A&E 5 times blood test came normal except my c reactive protein e was high 6.1, they do ECG they find nothing but a couple of times came sinus arrhythmia, sinus tachycardia and once sinus bradycardia. They said nothing to worry. I visited again cardiologist echocardiogram came normal, I was concerned about 55% Ventricular EF but he says is normal, Holter 24 hours normal few PVC and PAC, I still feel bad yesterday I tried to mild jog to bus stop my heart monitor started beeping because my heart rate was 175 for a 50 meters mild jog. Cardiologist requested a stress test, I am afraid I will collapse, everyday is a struggle for me I feel not like myself and I'm becoming depressed as I will die soon, I requested GP for medicine to stop this burst of anxiety I am on diazepam it calms me but not my symptoms. I have bad history of cardiac disease one of my uncle's died of heart attack at 28 years old, my dad heart attack at 49 he survived. I feel miserable and I think my life is coming to an end, I want to request for a CT scan of the heart but I'm not getting much attention and going private is really expensive for me. Any help or any suggestion of what this tachycardia can be or my symptoms It will help me a lot.

Thanks.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Get an ablation as soon as possible it will cure this as it did for me because 11 years is way too long to live like that you will thank me
    • Posted

I do want to have an EP study at least but I can't demand one doctor needs to access me 😫

• Posted

Good news I saw an really amazing EP yesterday and he wants me to do an EP study and ablation which I accepted, just need to wait 3 to 4 months because he have a long list.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.