I need help with out of control intrusive thoughts and anxiety/panics

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

I just jpined here hoping i might find someone who understands what ive been going through/ going through.

It was around March this year when I had my first and worst panic attack, it left with me such horrific intrusive thoughts and high anxiety for 2 weeks I wasn't able to sleep or relax I would just cry all day and keep thinking I was going to die and each day was my last. I had to leavemy job because plans flew so low over my building and every five seconds i was panicing they were going to crasha nd having all these intrusive thoughts seeing my self die etc. 

But having never really been scared to die befroe, i was terrified adn this was all i could think about 24 hours eveywhere i went anything i did. I ended up getting a job working from home which helped for a while but i as sill having horrible anxiety and thoughts. I started getting painful chest pains and i couldn;t concetrate on anything, all i could think is i want to go back to normal when will this go away.

I went to CBT and i thought it had worked but recently i have anixety really badly and i dont know why its there so its hard to control a sinking feeling in my stomach and fast heart beat. 

I just wish this had never happened to me, I just turned 25 and I feel I missing out on the best parts of my life because of this. 

My friends do not undestand nor my sibilings, but my parent really have and with out them i  probably would of done something stupid. 

Im sick of the mood swings, people thinking im insane, me thinking im insane! Has anyone been through or going thorugh similar?

Anyone out there? Any one at all?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Also I keep having such bad chest pains I think im dying, I go to A&E and they give an ECG but nothing, I think thats been the worst part of all this. 
  • Posted

I have been in that situation but I can't go into details about it.  I feel your pain and know it is very scary for you.

richard

• Posted

Hi Richard

Thanks for replying, it's quite comforting knowing your going through somethng similar, its so personal isn't and different for everyone. Have you ever tried the 'worry about it later' excersise?

• Posted

I'm pretty upfront about it to myself and control my anxiety as much as I can.  I have two very understanding parents who I can bounce things off.  I don't see anyone medical about it much anymore.  Basically I have a reasonable handle on it.

Richard

• Posted

Yeh my parents are great too, it's everyone else that's the battle. Well I asmire you for have the reasonable handle on it. Hope I can one day be the same.
  • Posted

hello i am the same im 28  i had a masive panick attack after my first child then anixety its horrible i feel weirod when i go out have chest paun thinking im dieing its awful sometime i can manage the panick attacks its the anixety i dont like how it makes me feel and my thoughts and the chest pain xx
    • Posted

Do you sometimes just get on with things but it's like, you could be at a really nice happy event but your body doesn't register and it's preparing for a disaster! That's what I find the most difficult, it makes me feel like a zombie or a robot like I can only feel one way.

I hope you get through it and thanks for sharing with me xxx

• Posted

Hi Jennifer.

I too am going through anxiety which came with intrusive 24/7 thoughts. I am struggling but 1 thing that gets me through is the fact that I have been through this before and got through it and lived a happy anxiety free life for 13 years.

This will get better. You just need to keep reminding yourself that anxiety created these thoughts,they are not real and you will get through this. Even if in a anxious state you don't quite believe the positive you are feeding yourself,still keep saying it. 

You are normal,you are not going mad. You are just suffering anxiety which may of brought on depression and thats why you are feeling so negative.

If you haven't yet seen your doctor then I suggest now is the time to do so. Get a little extra help and support. I know it's scary and frustrating but it will get better xx

• Posted

i JUST WROTE A LONG REPLY AND IT GOT ERASED WHEN i PRESSED BOLD . i'LL WRITE AGAIN ANOTHER DAY. iT'S AFTER MIDNIGHT. Good night and best wishes. 
    • Posted

Can you msg me or tell me the supplements to help with benzo withdrawel? Please msg me or email me
  • Posted

Hi

I can realate to what you are going through.  I went through a really bad episode recently like yours.  I am feeling alot better but every so often i go back into the horrible way of thinking.  I seem to be really moody at times and when i feel happy i panic to its like i cant deal with any emotion.

It does get better and im hoping thats me on the way up. im just trying to take it day by day xxxx

• Posted

Hi Jennifer. I can relate to your story however I am a lot older than you (46) about  2 months ago I was having pain in my shoulder and found a small lump under my arm which I think threw me into panic mode because I am terrified of even the word cancer. I went to 2 different doctors that reassured me it was nothing to be concerned about but ever since then I cant stop obsessing about thoughts of having cancer. I since have developed hyperventilation issues because of concentrating on my breathing. My doctor prescribed lexipro but I have not taken it yet because I keep thinking I can shake this on my own but I notice now along with my anxiety and fear I am feeling really down and hopeless. Prior this I was basically normal had some issues with cod but nothing major.
    • Posted

Hi Wendy.

This thought alone would not of sent you into a panic. Normally you would just shrug it off or deal with it rationally.

This would of just been the trigger.

If you think back to the weeks/ months prior to this thought sending you into a panic..I can bet you that you had a lot on your plate..a little underlying anxiety that you didn't realise was there because you where to busy to notice.

Thats how anxiety works. It creeps up gently and the nine thing,usually a thought triggers months of anxiety. 

Because of the feelings and sensations you had when this thought triggered your anxiety..every time you feel anxious now your mind automatically connects that thought with them feelings.

Im suffering the same now.

I am trying to control and ease my anxiety because I know that's the reason the thought effected me so bad in the first place.

YouTube have some great mind,body and soul meditation videos. If you could try to make a hour or so in each day then they really help to feed your mind the positives that sometimes we struggle or don't have the strength to tell ourselves xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.