I need help with out of control intrusive thoughts and anxiety/panics

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

I just jpined here hoping i might find someone who understands what ive been going through/ going through.

It was around March this year when I had my first and worst panic attack, it left with me such horrific intrusive thoughts and high anxiety for 2 weeks I wasn't able to sleep or relax I would just cry all day and keep thinking I was going to die and each day was my last. I had to leavemy job because plans flew so low over my building and every five seconds i was panicing they were going to crasha nd having all these intrusive thoughts seeing my self die etc. 

But having never really been scared to die befroe, i was terrified adn this was all i could think about 24 hours eveywhere i went anything i did. I ended up getting a job working from home which helped for a while but i as sill having horrible anxiety and thoughts. I started getting painful chest pains and i couldn;t concetrate on anything, all i could think is i want to go back to normal when will this go away.

I went to CBT and i thought it had worked but recently i have anixety really badly and i dont know why its there so its hard to control a sinking feeling in my stomach and fast heart beat. 

I just wish this had never happened to me, I just turned 25 and I feel I missing out on the best parts of my life because of this. 

My friends do not undestand nor my sibilings, but my parent really have and with out them i  probably would of done something stupid. 

Im sick of the mood swings, people thinking im insane, me thinking im insane! Has anyone been through or going thorugh similar?

Anyone out there? Any one at all?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer,

Your story sounds exactly like mine. Around November last year I had my first major panic attack in which I ended up in A&E thinking I was going to have a heart attack. Since then I have been suffering from anxiety constantly. It got so bad that I had to leave university to come home and seek help as I couldn't even leave my room without thinking something terrible was going to happen. Since then I have seen a pyschiatrist who referred me to a cognitive behavourial therapist and also to do Mindfulness. Both of these I have found extremely helpful and has helped me get my life back on track. In july I managed to get a job at a local supermarket and in september start university again but at a different one whilst living at home. My friends never understood and I have lost many relationships on the path but that's life. My parents have been extremely supportive as well. I am also 20 years old and wish this has never happened to me so I can understand exactly how you are feeling. This is the first time i've ever talked to someone else with it but I hope it is useful for you knowing you're not the only one because sometimes thats exactly how i feel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.