I need serious help

Posted , 18 users are following.

I really don't want to be here anymore. I can't handle this anxiety anymore. The doctors aren't doing anything either. I don't know how much longer I can do this sadsadsad how do I cope

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Lauren:

Anxiety is very hard to cope with and it can make you feel hopeless and helpless. Look for a therapist who speacilaizes in anxiety. There are a lot out there who have gone through this hell.   I have been told the anti depressent PAXIL is great for anxiety becasue it take the edge off.  I know you are scared but please hang in there. You can beat this. The symptoms cannot kill you.   It is the fear that is so horrible.   I truly feel for you and understand.

• Posted

Hi Lauren.I know how you're feeling.Just when I think I'm getting a bit better, it rears it's ugly head.There's so much I'd like to do in my life, but just can't.Have you been down the medication path yet?
    • Posted

I'm only 20 and I feel like my life's over already. Yeah I'm on 150mg of sertraline, 40mg of propranolol and also get diazapam sometimes. X
    • Posted

Dont let it be over ur young and ur whole life in front of you .what happened in ur life lets try and find the trigger point
  • Posted

Hi I'm Felicia I'm 17 and I know it's so hard I have bad health anxiety and I'm so depressed and no one takes me serious and most days I'm like I can't do it anymore but we got to be strong and know that it has to get better because we've been through a lot i pray a lot it comforts me i know I don't have much advice but your not in this alone I'll pray for you hope you get better: )
  • Posted

You talk to people on here .do not end it .i suffer with anxiety it is hard to cope .but theres people out there who love you and im here if you want to chat .what are you going through
  • Posted

Hi Lauren, Your mind is in a bad place at the moment but it can be made better. The worse part is not being heard by those you want to help you. If you feel that your anxiety has gone through the roof then go to your nearest psychiatric unit or hospital and ask to see a psychiatrist- there should be one on day duty and talk with them. You might be able to go in as a voluntary patient. This should draw attention to you. Venlafaxine stops anxiety.
  • Posted

First. Get new doctors. And tell you're new one that you're feeling suicidal. And please don't do anything like that. You just leave people behind who care about you and that would only put them through pain. I think you need to get on medication immediately and also practice cognitive behavorial stuff. What gives you anxiety? Exactly?? I have a bunch of triggers like heat and I live in Arizona where its 110 degrees here in the summer. So summers are horrible for me. But don't worry Lauren. Even though it might seem like it will never end there is most definitely light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Posted

I'd also like to note that I take Klonopin and its a life saver for me. Problem is its not a long tern solution. You need to behavioral stuff. I have agoraphobia and its hard for me to leave the house so I've started this thing called Systematic Desensitization where I started walking to the end of my block. And the next day I'd get out and go a bit father until i could walk as far as I wanted anxiety free. Clearly the medication you're taking isn't helping. You need to try something different. I had gone through a handful of meds before I found what worked for me. I tried Paxil but it gave me hives.
  • Posted

I need your help. how old are you. talk to family about it no matter how hard it seems and also if you have a boyfriend tell him about it because if he loves u he will understand and help you all he can. if not you have support here and in your family i am sure.
  • Posted

Hi Lauren Google anxiety and get some breathing exercies..... I only had anxiety for a few days in put into place some breathing exercises and exercise itself until the adrenelin has settled.  Also change your mindset and instead of thinking things like..I dont want to be here anymore...start turning that around as its a negative thought and your subconscious will keep returning to it.  Start looking outside and only say positive things. I know this is simple in telling but not in prractice but it really workd if you do if often.  I only started with anxiety a few days ago but have putinto practice the above and now when the adrenelin kicks in and wakes me at 4.30 I banich negative thoughts and put in positive thoughts and it eventually gets under control.  Im not saying that adrenelin is still not in my body but my mind puts it to an acceptable level, hence I can sit in bed relaxing calmly having a cup of tea letting the feeling go,. instead of pacing the room.  I don know if this is any good for you but the bottom line is that there is so much out there for you dont let it beat you.  Get some professional help also, camp at your GP surgery until they do something.  Lots of Love Lauren x

• Posted

Hi Lauren, plenty of people feel like this at the worst times of anxiety. I've been there but I promise it will get better. It feels SO real now that feeling that it will never go away but when it does, you will look back and be very thankful you pushed through it. Talking to people on here and to close family and friends will really help. You're definitely not alone. Good luck and hope you feel better soon x
  • Posted

The key thing is that you have shown great strength and bravery by opening  up to people on here. We're all going through the same thing as you so we can offer you lots of empathy. Crazy as this may sound, adult colouring books have helped me. I can spend hours just getting lost in the patterns and focusing on the lines as I colour.

i also use deep breathing and visualisation. Sit in a chair with your hands palms own on your tummy with your middle fingers touching. Close your eyes and slowly take a deep breath in, counting to ten until your fingers are apart. Then slowly, counting to ten again let your breath out until your fingers touch again. Once you feel more settled, picture a running tap in your mind. Little by little, turn the flow of water in to your anxieties and watch them flow away from you and down the drain. When you are ready, turn off the tap and continue with your day.

Are you in the UK? You can always call the Samaritans for help as well.x

• Posted

Hi Lauren! I too suffer from anxiety! Its nasty and I know what your going through! OK you need to get your self to Holland and Barrett a good health shop. They have loads of stuff in there to help! Have you ever tried reflexology? Its wonderful for anxiety. Also get your self rescue remedy! Bach flower remedies as well which health food shops will help you with! Good luck! Regards Amanda
  • Posted

Yeah it's not as simple as you think but it's easier than you think.......20 years ago I was suffering from daily anxiety attacks that overwhelmed me and I was useless to myself anfd everyone around me. Then a doctor sent me to a naturopath and he said this......crap in, crap out.....then he told me to clean my body up......our natural hormones and body chemistries are all screwed up by all the chemically enchanced food we eat.......he made me stop caffeine,alcohol,nicotine, iodized salt, every sugar going, milk, flour.....and he made me read all the labels and stop or reduce the chemicals going in and after about 3 months of feeling like I had the flu, I woke up one morning and felt pretty good......then each day went by I felt better and better and 6 months after starting to live clean I was anxiety free and happy and sleeping like a baby.....my food was simple...fruits, vegetables light colored meats, nuts.....and I used pink salt and then added honey for a sweetner....if I wanted cereal I got grape nuts or oats and I drank gallons of water and fruit smoothies.........20 years without anxiety and I lost weight and feel happy. I handle stress well and sleep like a baby.Our bodies and brains have enough chemicals to deal without pouring all those others in. I was super skeptical at first but now......it's worth a try.
    • Posted

Hi Phil,

How strict are you with your diet. I am trying really hard but it is so confusing. Especially being veggie. 

I am mostly on salads and fruit but I cannot help the odd biscuit and I think the medication drives sweet cravings on an evenings. I also have decaff tea. Everything else is healthy.

I had a huge binge on friday night and I am wondering if that is responsible for being floored with anxiety all day today. I havent been out of bed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.