I need some advice please.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Thank you for you time. I have had a spot in my vulva for quite a while that get itchy from time to time. I'm post menapause. I have gone to several GP's who just gave me creams and sent me off. I believe the cream thinned the skin. Also developed discharge and dryness which they told me was normal for my age.

After a while I asked if I could go and see a gynae. I finally went to be told I have vulva thrush. 6 weeks of taking antifungal tablets and the thrush was gone. Mind you all my swabs were coming back normal. She told me everything looked fine so I went on my merry way. Until I tryed to have sex with my husband and it split.rang the gynae and was asked to go and see her.

The day come and she used a a it spray to see if the where any abnormal changes. Thank got none. She noticed a band on the fourchette ( entrance ) which was tight.

She told me that I don't have obvious changes for LS at this time but because it can change over time there is a possibility that it could be the early signs. It could also be VA . I walked out of there not knowing what I have to do . Went to my doctor and she said the same. I don't know if I should go to a dermatologist or I have an appointment in February at a female hospital and check with them. Those this turn to cancer? Please her anyone very worried .

2 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well everyone the saga continues . When to see my doctor again ( I think she starting to feel like I'm mad) . She now has referred me to a dermatologist to see if we can get some answers. The appointment is today.

I also went to see a Chinese medicine doctor and she thinks it's just inflamed and gave me all these herbs which I have to say it settle it down a little. She did say it will take time. I need to stop stressing and just listen it one doctor. It seems to be worse when I stress.

• Posted

Definitely no good to stress!
    • Posted

Tell me how not to stress..i think about this alot.Hard to not think of something with so many symptoms
    • Posted

That's right it's consuming my life. I be just started on Vit's B group which are good for stress. Let's hope they work😪
  • Posted

I know...it can be a simple as immersing yourself in a good book, bath, painting, scented candles, movies, going for a massage, pedicure or just buying flowers, whatever makes you feel good. Just being kinder to yourself. 
  • Posted

Thank you all. Without your care I would go out of my mind. Will let you know what derm says today xx
    • Posted

Hello again.Wondering if you had a skin biopsy?Try and not worry.I have read quite a bit and even if it was LS,it can be controlled..especially if caught early. Please remind me of this when i go in again.I have to go tomorrow for blood tests and urinalisis and I am already worrying about what they might find.So tomorrow and til I find out will be very anxious and if I have something..well that would be all i need with this female stuff going on.I hate anxiety,it makes a person waste prescious minutes of their life not enjoying it.Will be thinking of you..keep us posted.
    • Posted

Please don't stress. I know it's hard but like you said it waste of time. No she didn't because she also said there was nothing that warrant a biopsy. It looked dry and a little red but nothing abnormal at this stage. She thought it was eczema. She said it didn't have the changes of LS. I decided I'm going to trust what she says and see my gynae in 3 months time.

Don't think about your blood tests. I stress every time I have one. I work in an ED department and blood test can change from morning to afternoon. I had a renal function test 2 weeks ago and it was abnormal. Stress for days until I ask to repeat it and it come back normal. So please take a deep breath and when you exhale say to yourself "I'll be fine I'll be fine." Sorry for long reply. 😊

• Posted

Thanks so much for your kind words..they are so appreciated.
    • Posted

All my tests were good no diabetes etc,no urine infection.I get so dry,achy etc.not feeling the best.ever changing symptoms.
    • Posted

That great to hear. We have to start thing possive. Just think you are health. Sending hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.