I need some advice please.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Thank you for you time. I have had a spot in my vulva for quite a while that get itchy from time to time. I'm post menapause. I have gone to several GP's who just gave me creams and sent me off. I believe the cream thinned the skin. Also developed discharge and dryness which they told me was normal for my age.

After a while I asked if I could go and see a gynae. I finally went to be told I have vulva thrush. 6 weeks of taking antifungal tablets and the thrush was gone. Mind you all my swabs were coming back normal. She told me everything looked fine so I went on my merry way. Until I tryed to have sex with my husband and it split.rang the gynae and was asked to go and see her.

The day come and she used a a it spray to see if the where any abnormal changes. Thank got none. She noticed a band on the fourchette ( entrance ) which was tight.

She told me that I don't have obvious changes for LS at this time but because it can change over time there is a possibility that it could be the early signs. It could also be VA . I walked out of there not knowing what I have to do . Went to my doctor and she said the same. I don't know if I should go to a dermatologist or I have an appointment in February at a female hospital and check with them. Those this turn to cancer? Please her anyone very worried .

2 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Why is my post being moderated??
    • Posted

Don't really know. Well she was very nice. She doesn't think it's LS. She said it does look like it. The band is normal anatomy. It's thigh because of menapause and the fact that I don't have sex offen. I explained that it hurts she said but the more you do it the area get moist. She thought it was eczema and that was what it looked like. I gave her a copy of the gynae letter and she said that she only says that it's possible it could be but doesn't show any signs.

I need to stop stressing and just not worry about it. She said to keep my appointment with my gynae unless I want to see her.

• Posted

I meant to say doesn't look like LS.
    • Posted

Sorry she said it doesn't look like it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.