I need some help again! suffering....womens issues

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi again, my name is Jennifer and I am 48 years old.  My periods are fairly regular, however, at times shorter or longer, late or early, heavy or light.  Now I went on a mid cycle ovulation predictor website.  I used their calculator.  I am currently in the middle of my cycle, and not getting too graphic, I can tell I am ovulating.  Twinges on my right side by my ovary.  But, I am noticing I have had a dull achy headache for the past 4 days, achy neck, very anxious and uneasy feeling.  I am also having a lot of stress in  my family, two members of my family in rehab for Heroin addiction, my neice in a bad divorce, my father Bipolar and 88 years old.  My husbands father very ill in South America, only has weeks left.  Very sad and depressing.  My husband is leaving again for the third time this year for South America to help his parents and be with his Dad.  My children and I can't go, they have school and it is very expensive.  Getting very upset and panicky, and my health anxiety hitting the roof.  Whats wrong with me? I am scared and nervous and depressed. Any words will be helpful and comforting. Thank you =((

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Jennifer,

You sound very much like me. I'm 52 but everything changed for me hormonally when I hit 51. It was the first time I actually started to skip a period after having been regular up until then. I was ok dealing with it until April of 2014 I was in the hospital with diverticulitis and when I got out I felt so weak and exhausted that I started having anxiety attacks and I my doc told me it was stress and gave me zanax. I only took a quarter of it. From then on I started having weird symptoms, aches and pains, fatigue more than usual, anxiety, feeling like my sugar was crashing, getting weak and shaky, insomnia, depression, you name it I was feeling it. I found this blog...have to say it saved my sanity. I recognized myself in everyone on here. I realized I was going through the change. Now, all I ever knew about menopause was you stop your periods and have hot flashes. That was the extent of my knowledge of menopause but my goodness, 66 symptoms????? Right now I'm at a place where I accept it, I have my ups and downs. Skipped my period in February, had spotting beginning of March and now spotting again. Better then the usual flooding. Some days I jusy feel horrible, it's frustrating. I understand how you feel, it's scary, it's depressing and it's hard not to think that something is terribly wrong. Talk about it, find friends who are supportive, you are also dealing with alot of stress and honestly I feel even weaker during stressful times. You can't solve everyones problems so don't try. We are all here to support one another so pop onto the blog and talk to us ok? You're ok honey, you will survive! By the way, I had a bipolar, drug addicted husband so I know what it's like.

• Posted

Thank you Nancy,  life's problems can make what we are feeling physically ten times worse.  I try to separate myself from the issues around me, but when your already emotional and not feeling yourself, it all seems like the roof is caving in.  This is truly a time for us to be selfish and take care of ourselves.  I wish you health and peace..xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.