I need some help again! suffering....womens issues

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi again, my name is Jennifer and I am 48 years old.  My periods are fairly regular, however, at times shorter or longer, late or early, heavy or light.  Now I went on a mid cycle ovulation predictor website.  I used their calculator.  I am currently in the middle of my cycle, and not getting too graphic, I can tell I am ovulating.  Twinges on my right side by my ovary.  But, I am noticing I have had a dull achy headache for the past 4 days, achy neck, very anxious and uneasy feeling.  I am also having a lot of stress in  my family, two members of my family in rehab for Heroin addiction, my neice in a bad divorce, my father Bipolar and 88 years old.  My husbands father very ill in South America, only has weeks left.  Very sad and depressing.  My husband is leaving again for the third time this year for South America to help his parents and be with his Dad.  My children and I can't go, they have school and it is very expensive.  Getting very upset and panicky, and my health anxiety hitting the roof.  Whats wrong with me? I am scared and nervous and depressed. Any words will be helpful and comforting. Thank you =((

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi jennifer 

oh hun, your having a sad and stressful time, this will impact on how you feel stress is very hard hitting .. and can affect the body and mind in all sorts of ways ..

cant say about peri menopause with you as not sure if your skipping periods, or regular or having flushes etc etc , if not then maybe its your stressful things thats your dealing with ..

big hugs hun 

jay x

• Posted

Hello Jennifer I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. I am 47 my periods aren't normal anymore as a matter of fact so far I have not had one this month.. Feelings of anxiety, always feeling something bad is about to happen, doom and gloom,and depression is the worst for me. Some days I feel like I'm going crazy. I don't have any good advice but I know someone on this site will. These ladies are great. I just wanted you to know your not alone hang in there.smile
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer

Sorry you are going through this you are really going through a stressful time. 

Have you ever thought about taking some time to yourself take a vacation and get away for a while and relax. Do some yoga talk to someone.

I know when I am stressed out I have a lot of anxieties, my stomach acts up and I am moody torward everyone. 

I will pray for you take it easy things will get better just hang in there and think positive things

• Posted

Yes, Jennifer, as others said, it may be only stress due to those problems you have been dealing... or can be related to peri, as your periods have been irregular for a while.  Maybe a little of both (?)  Peri can give boast your anxiety, cause headache and even joints and muscles pain, as you may have read.

Good recommendation from Jenny, as it may sound impossible, breathing to relieve anxiety and stress is very efficient. 

There is nos wift way to go through life, bad things happen and affect our minds and bodies.  Nothing is wrong with you, anxiety can be powerful and destructive.  Really try and breath, drink water, keep your mind full and WATCH your thoughts, they can be dangerous.

You will always find someone here able to talk to you and maybe give you a good advice...

Be well <3>

• Posted

Jennifer its no wonder your feeling stressfull and anxious, who wouldnt in your shoes, as others have said it could all be simply due to anxiety and its coming at your from all directions with family problems.

As jenni23555    has said from a point of view as a christian  although its not easy but the words found in Matthew 6 :34

So never be anxious about the next day,+ for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles.  How true this is, sometimes there are situations in the family where we just cant alter or help much so all you can do is look after yourself, deep breaths and drinking water as said although seemingly two basic things do indeed help.You are staying behind for your children who need their mum so this is then the only area you can deal with at the moment, the others will take their course and i wish your   two family members in

in rehab for Heroin addiction well.  Need you ask whats wrong with you, id say theirs plenty to explain how your feeling at the moment, not easy when these things all seem to hit us at once and at an age where we are more vulnerable  as well. You know many if us on hear are hear for you when ever.

Sue

• Posted

Thank you Susan,  when I read the words of what I am dealing with in reference to my family, Wow, it's overwhelming.  Thank you for helping me not think I am crazy...lol.  we really do have to be selfish and take care of ourselves.   My main focus is my children, I must be healthy for them.  Your words meant a lot...God Bless

• Posted

Jennifer aww thanks for that, so good we can give words of encouragment on hear and it helps too. We all give and recieve, thank God for this forum a.

Sue

• Posted

Jennifer,

I know you've had some lovely, helpful replies from others.

Just a quick suggestion (don't think this has been mentioned- apologies if it has) - vitamin B complex: this time last year I was all over the place (47, periods crammed together then gaps, feeling 'old' and fed-up), but then I decided I must try vitamins, and now I'm having a couple of spoons of something with most of the vitamin Bs, easy iron etc (from the supermarket), I have more energy, a more positive outlook, less prone to feeling 'hormonal' etc. So if you haven't tried this, then please consider it. My Dad (been gone nearly 20 years now, bless him) swore by vitamin B complex - good for nerves, energy, lots of things.

Take good care - we're thinking of you.

• Posted

I understand in my own way..the last 5 years for me has been complete hell. I wont go into it because now seems to be settling down around me, of course i have been going thru meno while outside of me the world was not as i could handle, many changes not good, but changes never the less. A time came when i could no longer handle any of it, physical, mental, hormonal....i broke down and cryed in the shower and continued for 2 more days of crying, hard crying. All i could see or feel was doom...i started reading anything i could get my hands on and i read a few quotes that i always go back too when things are hard...1. All things must pass...2. It is what it is...i had to learn to except whatever the day brings and deal with it as positively as possible...things are now balancing a little better around me and my meno is evolving. Im sure there will be many more ups and downs but im handling whatever happens much better. I found this site over a week ago and it helps so much to hear from others as i dont feel so all alone. Thanks ladies!!! :-)
    • Posted

I agree Sheri, I have to say this site has helped me tremendously...thank you  and all the others for your wonderful words of comfort..xo

• Posted

jennifer

Wowww, slow down kid!!  Breath.......!

You sound like me, on a few occasions,way back when I was aged 41 and 46 when I was trying to cope with the loss of my mum & mum-in-law (within 6mths of each other) and my father-in-law.  Terrible, terrible times.

You have my complete and utter sympathy as I 'Have been there. Done it. Don't want the T-shirt', and sometimes look back and wonder how I - or we, as me and my husband had to deal with so much of this on our own - got through it.

I can't give you a magic remedy to help you through this, but hope that you have someone close to you that you can talk to about all this, in your poor husband's absence. A sister, girlfriend maybe?

I honestly believe with the later loss, some of my Perimeno symptoms were hidden in my stress, worries and eventual grieving process.  They were so similiar to having a breakdown, but I now look back at them and see them too as classic Perimeno symptoms.

Like a fool, I'm really hoping that this was the case, and that I'm sorta over the worse now at 54 (Peri can go on for years, so I've gleened from this forumsad)

I recall after my father-in-law passed that I went to my GP demanding some help for my Peri symptoms, I was moaning on and on, and then I opened up about watching my father-in-law die after being in hospital 8mths, visiting daily, running a Business, caring for a family, then.........Massive meltdown: crying, sobbing.  She was great, and very quietly explained that what I was actually experiencing was grief: I was bereft at  the loss of my loved one, and that it was perfectly normal, and that I should cry and shout, and get this off my chest as part of my grieving process. 

Just talking to her, a complete stranger really, made me fee a million times better, because for those 8mths prior, it was just me and my husband trying to support each other through all this emotional stress. 

I won't say that it has been easy, but probably easier for me than my husband, as his father's only child.  But we have always loved and supported each other through some truly sh*tty times, and come out together, still loving each other.

Regardless of chatting to someone who knows you, I think a trip to your Doc might be a good move for you, even just to talk out your worries. You never know, they might even start the ball rolling with some blood tests to check all's well with you generally.  But I think its probably a good thing to talk to someone.

Chin Up Kid. Go give your kids a big hug and kiss and tell them you love them: you'll be amazed at how good it feels when they do that back to youwink.

Sx

• Posted

Oh dear Jennifer, seems my essentially nice reply to you is stuck with the Moderators!  Why?  Because I said a 'rude' word......ewwww, get a life guys, we're all grown-ups on here, and I think we can cope with the reference to something being  'shi**y'!!!  Are any of you Moderators Perimenopausal by any chance?  Because if you were, you'd understand that terminology covers so much of how we feel some times!!

Its hardly going to send any of us into a fainting fit now, is it? 

My apologies Jennifer. I was saying you had my complete and utter sympathy in your current situation.

Sx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.