I need success stories please!

Posted , 24 users are following.

I was just diagnosed with blepharitis in July and feel as if my life is over. I'm so depressed that it's incurable. What makes it worse is that the opthalmologist acted as if it was no big deal - describing it as dandruff of the eyelids with a simple remedy - baby shampoo.

Here I sit, a month later with the same symptoms. Haven't worn contacts. Haven't worn makeup. And for a 50 year old woman I would love to wear both again.

I did some research on my own and all I found was misery. Chronic cases in which no one ever improved. Symptoms lasting years. I feel as if life as I know it is over. It's affecting my family life as well. My husband doesn't get it. He thinks it's just an eye irritation and I should get on with it.

If I didn't have kids to raise....

Please no more horror stories. I've seen them.

I need to hear of people who live with blepharitis who have occasional flare ups but not constant symptoms.

Please!

3 likes, 148 replies

148 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I take a cetrazine anti histamine tablet daily and top up with blephagel night and morning, this works a treat, it took my two and a half years to find something that works, this remedy is definitely worth trying though, I always used to have flare ups and constantly sore and swollen and red, gunky, the usual, now I hardly ever have any significant troubles with my bleph.
    • Posted

I do wear sunglasses all year round when I go out as they are light sensitive, so that is also a minor help, but the major is the cetrazine backed up by the blephagel, its good and thick, feels slightly uncomfortable but leave for as long as you can and just daub with a tissue a little, then after 15 mins take excess residue off.
    • Posted

Also worth thinking about I hear people talk about anterior and posterior but am cynical that the average doctor would have time to isolate which is which and how you would find out for yourself heaven only knows but I know the cetrazine helped mine I would say 70/80%, it really was that high a percentage.
    • Posted

Its easy they just check the lid margins takes 3 minutes,they also see if the glands are functioning by applying slight pressure.
    • Posted

Ok , maybe so but I've never been offered this type of check by a GO, I think they are literally rushed off their feet

• Posted

Next time ask them to check you for it. They should be a part of all eye exams as posterior bleph or mgd is the largest caus of dry eyes.
    • Posted

And youd have to go to an optomotrist or opthamologist.
    • Posted

Good idea if I ever start getting flare ups again but the cetrazine particularly and also I guess 70/30% the blephagel has been so successful at virtually curing it that I see no cause to worry about it.
    • Posted

Yup,probably more of an eye allergy,glad you are doing well. Wish my eye doc had checked my lids years ago,i probably wouldnt have any blocked glands if i had known about it sooner. Xx
    • Posted

Oh no its definitely been diagnosed as blepharitis, its just it responds particularly well to the cetrazine and the blephagel where some people find wet ones, Manuka honey or baby shampoo helpful, all of which i have tried but they didn't work for me personallye

• Posted

Here is one big success, and its in my family. My son years ago had the anterior bleph..eyelid,just used baby shampoo and i think an oral antibotic. hes now 32 asked him about it the other day,said at the most now and then he gets some slight irritation and itch. Hes fine.
    • Posted

Here's hoping I have anterior....seems an easier fix?

Good news about your son!

• Posted

Yes anterior should be much easier. Other can caus dry eye..not good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.