I need success stories please!

Posted , 24 users are following.

I was just diagnosed with blepharitis in July and feel as if my life is over. I'm so depressed that it's incurable. What makes it worse is that the opthalmologist acted as if it was no big deal - describing it as dandruff of the eyelids with a simple remedy - baby shampoo.

Here I sit, a month later with the same symptoms. Haven't worn contacts. Haven't worn makeup. And for a 50 year old woman I would love to wear both again.

I did some research on my own and all I found was misery. Chronic cases in which no one ever improved. Symptoms lasting years. I feel as if life as I know it is over. It's affecting my family life as well. My husband doesn't get it. He thinks it's just an eye irritation and I should get on with it.

If I didn't have kids to raise....

Please no more horror stories. I've seen them.

I need to hear of people who live with blepharitis who have occasional flare ups but not constant symptoms.

Please!

3 likes, 148 replies

148 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I wear dark glasses because my eyes are light sensitive and I rarely wear makeup. I was so picky about my make up. With dark glases they cant tell..fingers crossed we all get better!
    • Posted

So strange that when one googles it, blepharitis is described as common yet no one I know had it. You'd think there would be tv commercials or print ads about it.

Very uncommon imo

• Posted

Guess they go by reported numbers,my son is the only other one in my family or that i know so far
  • Posted

Hi all

I have both forms of bleph and its the one on the inside of the eyelids that drives me bonkers. Im 52 and I hate that I cant wear eye makeup.I always loved wearin eye makeup but in last couple of years more so than ever..not getn any younger. I have to take note of some of the creams/ointments mentioned in this discussion cos cleansing with water and baby shampoo, occusoft wipes, blephasol, blepha wipes, have done absolutely nothn for me. I started Doxy last Sunday and praying and hopin it makes a difference. All these eye issues have stressed me out to bits and taken over my life, I feel limited with what I can and cant do because the eyes react to the slightest thing. I hope we can all help each other and everyone finds what works for them...wishing everyone the best....

• Posted

I will Lee, I think its supposed to take an average of two weeks before any impact, tryn to remain optimistic and will it to improve and go away xxx
    • Posted

I did the Doxy long term and it not only did nothing but made me sick.
  • Posted

Hello there. I felt just the same as you two years ago. Very debilitated.

i have learned that you have to try different things for the cleaning routine until you find what helps you and you have to stick at this until you fully realise that this cleaning is paramount (it took a while until the penny dropped with me)

the things that help me are wet wipes, celluvisc drops from the doctor and blephaGEl. Heat treatment. Less make up and mascara wands to throw away if I do use mascara. Reading about blepharitis on forums and hearing ideas from others, wearing sunglasses in bright light and not getting too upset if I have a bleary eye day. Keeping a record of what you have tried, that is theb guide out of any medication given as there are lots of different ones.

I have tried many drops and many had no effect. You have to try them to find out. I am in GB and recently invested in a private appointment which I paid for with a consultant. He thoroughly examined my eyes, reassured me I was managing them well but had one enlightening treatment.

he suggested I may also have some allergies affecting my eyes and recommended appropriate eye drops. Two weeks of use have not helped any differently so unfortunately they are now on my no  good list.!!

• Posted

tea Tree Oil rocks. Not the expensive wipes, but one drop with a dimes worth of baby shampoo, (no tears) wash face with cool water, concentrate on eye area, moesterise face, use good eye drops with no presertive. I have few symptoms, an I can live with that! smile Dena of

• Posted

Oh, close your eyes! But even if you don't it won't hurt eyes, best to close them though. smile

• Posted

Please please please

Only positive stories of success on this thread!!

I've read so much doom and gloom of this condition that I'm seriously considering drastic measures.

I specifically wanted good outcomes.

Please respect that.

There may be other threads available in which members can discuss all the disappointment in products that they have tried and failed.

At this point in my diagnosis, I need to focus on positive outcomes and management. For fear I isolate myself and sink further into depression about this condition.

Sorry of it sounds harsh but I titled the thread for positive only!!!!!!!

• Posted

I just started this journey in March,no one's trying to be gloomy,we are a support group,i like you am seeking to resolve this issue,i feel down often like you do. I appreciate what you are going through,i think there are many good ideas on here and I thank you ladies for every idea put forth. Many hugs to you Gaviniums. Let us know how you are doing and if you resolve the Bleph. Honestly if you just have the outside lid issue,you should feel quite posiitve as it can sometimes be resolved for long periods and at least can go into remission. Xx

• Posted

I know, Lee, it's tough

I'm not sure if I have anterior and/or posterior, but since my eyes are red and stinging, I suspect it may be both. Perhaps combined with dry eye seeing as it is worse in am when I wake and then stinging comes back in the evening.

I have heard that ppl commit suicide because of this blepharitis/dry eye situation and it scares me. I'm 50, but had kids later in life, so I need to be around to raise them.

Looks like I may have to examine dry eye meds too. I guess I'm just venting but it seems so bizarre that none of my contemporaries or even older friends have either blepharitis or dry eye. They have perfectly fine eyes. ??

• Posted

I know,same here no one i know gets it,its like dry eyes,bleph,whatever,just get on with it. One doc told me just not to think about it. Thats why these forums are good,you know you aren't alone. All our situations are different but at least we can relate. If you ever need to talk feel free to private message me. Hugs!

• Posted

What really helps me with red irritated eyes are cold compresses,takes the red right out and lessons the irritation.
    • Posted

You must have read the same horror stories on the net i did. Google can be a blessing and a curse that way. Im on my cell alot googling answers,my husband probably thinks im nuts lol. I have to admit google has given me alot of good info though. Dont let the really bad stories get you down,they probably arent the norm.
    • Posted

Hi

Please see my post "Allergic?" on this Blepharitis forum.

I suffered for months and then got conjunctivitis ... - and that forced me back to the Doctor. A simple hayfever antihistamene tablet brought so much relief it's worth repeating here.

Good luck and be well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.