i need to unload my mind !!!

Posted , 18 users are following.

hi all this has nothing to do with tkr but i just need to unload my mind .my son aged 33 yrs last night in our  city was hit by a taxi  it was a hit and run !!!  he was out in the city centre with friends at 10pm a taxi driver got mad with the group he was with when they didnt get out of his way quickk enough (it was a narrow side street ) he reveved the engine and picked up speed and blew my son up the bonnet of the car he landed on the footpath ,driver sped off .luckily my son is not badly hurt he spent 10  hours in A&E he has concussion ,whiplash and cuts to his head and arm .very shaken .im totaly shocked ,his friend got it on his phone and ctv in shop got some of it taxi number is hazy so hopefully police will be able to clean it up . what kind of person would do such a thing !!! im so lucky he is alive

1 like, 62 replies

62 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh my goodness Linda, that is just awful but I am so glad he is ok.  It could have been so much worse.

I hope the police get him and he gets what he deserves. 

You must be a nervous wreck.  Take it easy.

liz

• Posted

im sick in my stomach its such a shock ,i dont think he realises just how lucky he was .i saw the phone video of it .its like someting you would see in a film ,but its not  ! its real .what i cant get my head around is this person is driving around picking up people and driving them home .
  • Posted

that's terrible Linda.  I'm so glad that he isn'tseriously injured. there is nothing worse than losing a son, and I speak from experience as our son was killed when he was seventeen.  thank your lucky stars that this was not more serious . . it could so easily have been . . .I hope that catch that criminal taxi driver.  he is not safe to be on the road under any circumstances, and obviously not safe to be taking people around in his car.  don't forget to make a claim on his insurance also as soon as they find him! your son needs some compensation for all the pain and suffering!

• Posted

thanks martinarvelo  im sorry for your loss it must bring alot of painfull memories .yes im very lucky he is ok as he is a dad to my only granchild so im very gratefull he was spared from serious injury xx
    • Posted

Oh my goodness. Unbelievable. I don't want to scare you but my son slipped on some ice on the way home from work and ended up with a concussion. He suffered with it for a couple of years. He ended up having to quit his job and take some time off. The only thing that ended up helping him (not curing him) was acupuncture. He still gets headaches and blurred vision from it. I hope your son will recover quickly but he needs to take care. It's nothing to fool around with. I am not from the US but I totally agree. Sue the heck out of that guy he should never hold a drivers license again.
  • Posted

Oh dear Linda

How awful. What the frik? Thank God he's alive. I'm happy the camera caught it and someone got taxi's #. Boy, I hope this is not my Americanism coming through-i would sue the taxi man, taxi company's ass off. Your son needs to protect himself from side effects down the road. Not to mention road rage is a looked upon much more severly than a true accident. On top of hit and run!!!

Take out your anger, fears, unsteadiness, queasy stomach doing your exercizes.

Give your son our love and support. He can always join the group for an overload of motherly love and attention.

Seriously, contact attorney immediately, ask police to keep the videos from ctv.

Here for you, Elaine from Michigan

• Posted

Terrible for you - but sound as if could have even been so much worse - I hope that you will gradually feel better - if it was a taxi it is highly likely he will be caught. Just focus on both you and your son recovering physically and mentally - remember what comes around goes around. That person will, if he has any conscience at all, be worrying about what he did and if not, will also be worrying that the police will come knocking at his door. The only kind of person who does such a thing is an idiot with no consideration for others. You need to rise above it somehow and let things take their course. Hope you both start to feel better soon x

• Posted

Oh jeez, unload away. I hope they catch the guy and throw the book at him. I hope that every time he goes out, the butterflies you'll get in your stomach ease as time goes by.  I hope the taxi driver's colleagues turn him in (am assuming there is damage to the cab).
  • Posted

One of those life events that tugs at every emotion. Untold extreme anger at the cabbie and the same level of joy that the injuries weren't worse. Every jurisdiction seems to handle these things differently. Where I live the cabbie would be in jail with a high bond and his license would already be temporarily revoked. Attornies would be lined up to try and get the case on one side and on the other side lawyers would be lined up to see how cheaply they could buy off the case.

Most important of all.....I hope your son gets through this without any permanent and serious injuries.

• Posted

Omg words fail!! Thank God physically he's ok. Hope they find this disgusting person!
  • Posted

Oh no Linda - thank goodness he is OK - could have been so much worse - but you have had so much on your plate, this has just added to it. Hope the taxi driver is caught very quickly, & gets his just desserts. Sending postive thoughts to you & your family x

• Posted

Oh Linda how awful! My daughter is 33 so I any help but imagine how you're feeling! Thank goodness his injuries weren't more severe, and I really hope they get whoever did it - and throw the book at them!

Take care and try not to wear yourself out worrying (easy for me to say, I know)

• Posted

Oh Linda that is the worse! So glad he was not hurt much more than he was. Really hope the driver gets his  just desserts! It's good to have a moan and get things off your chest so you go ahead and have a good moan

really hope all is well with your son now. Lin X 

• Posted

How dreadful!!!!! Feel the feelings and express them, don't bottle anything up honey bun. Big deep breath and thank goodness he's physically ok . I hope you catch the taxi driver,he's not fit to be in the job!!! Watch out for delayed stress reaction with yourself and your son, be kind and gentle with yourself . xx
  • Posted

Goodness! You must have been out of your mind worried when you heard what happened! 😱

SO GLAD to hear that, although his injuries were not minor ones in any way, shape or form, he SURVIVED the hit and got to the emergency room to be cared for RIGHT AWAY.

Every parent hearing this will SHUDDER just thinking about it! Those that aren't parents will be shocked. EVERYONE will be AGHAST that someone given the responsibility to drive others around could be so heartless to use a 3,000 pound vehicle as a WEAPON against a human body!

Sending prayers for your dear son tonight! God spared him today. Thank you, God!🙌💗

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.