I needs some helpful information

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello, ladies I'm looking for some help I was diagnosed with LS about five years ago and I can not find any relief from the itching and burning. My doctor gave me all kinds of home remedies to use I'm not able to afford the steroids cremes. And is shrinking normal with LS I'm so embarrassed that I want date or talk with anyone. So I'm asking for any ideas or help with this awful disease thank you in advance.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Virgin coconut oil works for me.  I buy the 1GM capsules.  They keep it fresh for a long, long time.  I use 4 or 6 caps a day.  I snip the ends of 2 caps and apply with a disposable glove - one cap for the front part, and one for the anal area.  I'm 70, so don't really care if my labia "shrink".  Will dilate urethra if I have to.  The Clobetasol just thins the tissue, and makes the problem worse over time.  I do use low dose hormone replacement.  That helps.  I use mild baby wipes and pour a rinse over the area.  It is very important to keep the area clean. 

Coconut oil is anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-viral (formally tested with Herpes), and anti-bacterial.  I found it worked much better than Emu oil. 

• Posted

Thank you for the information I'm willing to try something im just miserable right now everything I have been using has not work. I found another doctor to see if I do hormones therapy. Can I ask you what kind washing powder and soap is gentle to the skin with less irration.

• Posted

Hi Torsha,

I am 53 and was diagnosed with LS when I was 33. The Clob has helped me very well. I have some fusing, and my left labia is shrinking some, but all in all I feel I've been fortunate. My OBgyn recommended to me, cotton panties only, change out of swimsuits asap, go without panties at night, NO bubble baths ever, no douching, wash panties in sensitive laundry soap, don't use any harsh soap to wash your genitals, keep yourself moisturized, use vaginal dilator, and this is what has worked for me all these years. I know I've read alot of great advice here, learned alot. And Liquid Silk is the best lube ever! Only sold in the UK now I am told, apparently wasn't FDA approved in the USA. Maybe some of my suggestions can help you also! Remember you aren't alone!!

• Posted

Yes, this is all great advice!  Here in the US, the most gentle lube you can find (recommended to me by my OBGYN years ago) is Astroglide.  It's water-based and the only commercial lube that doesn't irritate my LS.  I'll also sometimes use pure emu oil as a lubricant.  

I still have to stress that without the clobetasol, these solutions are just band-aids.  I have lived with this condition for 20 years.  During a couple of extended times when I thought I could just manage my LS naturally, it came flaring back with a vengeance and I ended up back at square one.  I'm at a point where I only have to use the clob 2 times a week (this stretches the tube out quite a lot, meaning it's not as expensive once you get through the initial period).  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.