I NEVER feel hungry, can this be anything other than cancer? Distraught

Posted , 72 users are following.

Hello, I am a 25 year old male, I've searched the internet high and low but there doesn't seem to be any reassurance out there for me. I lost my appetite seeminly over night about 3 months ago. Over that time I have seen 4 different doctors and they have presribed various things like laxatives and acid reflux as I have also had mild digestive complaints on and off. None of these have had boosted my appetite though. I still enjoy eating and do so to keep my energy levels up, but I never actually get hungry and sometimes I get bloated after meals. I also had a colonscopy (I requested it) to rule out colon cancer and it was all clear so the doctor just gave me anti-anxiety meds assuming my lack of appetite was psychological. Only thing is I'm convinced it's not and have seen another doctor who I persuaded to give me an ultrasound. Doctor doesn't seem too worried though and just seemed to imply I'm a hypochondria.

Assuming I am right about the lack of appetite being physical, can I really be anything else but cancer? I'm convinced what I am experiencing now is cachexia, or wasting from late stage cancer. I can't help but think it's pancreatic cancer with liver mets as I also have digestive complaints (have even had floating stools for a while now), I initially considered this just to excedingly rare in people my age but my symptoms just seems textbook. All in all just can't really believe this is happenning and I'm terrified about the ultrasound.

4 likes, 145 replies

145 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi longseason. How are you? Hope all is well. Can you tell us a little bit more how you are getting right now.
    • Posted

Hi, i’m ‘’fine’’. Had every other test under the sun in the end but nothing was ever found to be wrong. Still never feel hunger though 
    • Posted

Hi,

I have also not experienced hunger for such a long time. Doctors have said it is anxiety. I also get night sweats which are mild and have had these on and off since my anxiety started after a cervical cancer scare (which turned out to be nothing). I’m on Sertraline 100mg. Please help - I think there is something seriously wrong with me

• Posted

Thx for letting us know it progress
  • Posted

pretty sure mine isn’t anxiety. I’m not really that anxious anymore but still not hungry. Only thing I can think of is that for some reason my stomach isn’t producing the hunger hormone 
    • Posted

I guess my stomach has never produced hunger hormones in my life.

I'm 40 and have never felt hungry in my life. When I was younger I could stay days without eating anything.

But I stopped doing that because it's not good for my health.

• Posted

Hello my hunger free fellows, im a 23yo male. i’ve been having the same symptoms for a while now, actually it started after i got something on my intestines, i think i was eatifng too much fast food and got something from it or maybe my body said NO MORE OF THIS CRAP ! i got really bloated and contipated/diarrhea and was feeling a lot of pain all over my chest( yeah my thorax ) was hurting and belly, and those pains was intense for 2 weeks, i thought i had worms or something like that, i ended up taking a dewormer medicine and that felt that helped a little bit, but still had a pain for a couple of weeks in my intestines, i’ve been trying a lot of diferent foods and techniques, and natural remedies, the doctor said that since i there wasnt blood in my stool neither i was vomiting blood and my blood test was 100% ok my Ultrasound was 100% ok and my chest x-ray was 100% ok, he prescribed me mirtazapine, and a colonoscopy and a endoscopy in april, so lets see how that goes..
  • Posted

Adding to your problems, mine are more. They are:

I feel like there are stones in my stomach, swollen and explosive intestines, can't sit even for an hour, no vomiting sensation, no reflux. Standing gives me comfort. Cant sit and eat or work even. I quit my 6 years old daily 12 hours straight desk sitting job recently due to this problem (8 hours work with 1 hour break + 3 hours traveling to work, all in sitting position + 2 hours of Overtimes some days). I was having stressful work as a Customer Support agent at Amazon.com. I did not like the cafeteria food at work and i continued to eat one time after reaching home from work. At home/snake meal and only tea or coffee some light snacks in office. I'm also intolerant to milk or milk products. I feel no hunger at all even if I did not eat for two days straight.

Ramzaan came by. Since I'm a Muslim, i use to fast in Ramzaan with no hunger feeling at all. I can easily survive without food or water for like 3 days.

I cherish the hunger days when I was in college and was not working and I use to eat 4 times a day heavy breakfast, lunch dinner etc and every thing normal. I think my stomach problem started with my working life and the snake meals/one time in a day meals for a long time as long as 6 years. I don't exercise as I dont get time from my work.

I went to doctor and he gave me medication of Razo 20mg. No effect. He then prescribed Razo 40mg. No effect. When I complained that these medicines are not working then he responded by saying that you are still young no big problem, you'll recover slowly and he also advised me to reduce Tea, coffee intake.

Then i visited other doctor and he wrote 8 medical tests follows:

1. Complete Blood Picture

2. LFT (Liver Function Test)- Serum

3. Amylase - Serum

4. Creatinine - Serum

5. Complete Urine Examination

6. Stool Routine and Microscopy

7. Ultrasound of Whole Abdomen

8. X-Ray Chest PA View.

All normal. The above tests costed around Rs. 3500. After seeing the reports doctor advised me to take Rabeprazole DSR daily before breakfast and also have Endoscopy done as he was guessing I might have stomach ulcers.

I haven't gone for endoscopy because I'm not wanting to waste my 2,000 bucks on it and I feel that result will come out normal like the above 8 tests.

I feel very tired all the time, my weight remains same yet I eat a lot out of stress and I'm very irritated every second. I even skip to do my basic homework. Like delaying important works like my mom ask to get something from Market and i keep delaying that. I feel did someone black magic on me since no medication worked.

• Posted

Hi. I had considered someone did black magik on me, too. ..perhaps a few different people even..hope u r hanging in there. My situation sucks, too. ✌
  • Posted

My situation is a bit similar; I don't have a sense of hunger (can't feel it, really), but I can tell when I need food. My stomach still grumbles. Sometimes, I can feel/tell what nutrients I need, but can only do this when I smell/glance at something and know I need it. It's helpful, but has caused me no health issues yet far, so I'm not worried; I'm just curious in that macabre think-the-worst way. Honestly, I dislike the feeling of being full, and like being on an empty stomach much more; I don't quite know what to make of this; you tell me. I'm sixteen, female, underweight (healthy as a horse--women in my family are petite, and tend to be a little below average weight and height, but we're stamina-monsters with good health). I don't think there's many health issues in my family, but if there are, it's usually cancer, which only one person in my family died from (they kept it a secret, don't know if they were consulting a doctor or getting treatments; I never met them)--they usually never get past the first stages before they beat it down along with treatment, though. Diabetes--two people that I know of in my family have it; my father, type 2, and my grandfather, type 1. I don't have it, nor am I likely to develop it. I'm just a teenager; I regulate sugar sometimes, but it's nothing I concern myself with too much. I'm a stamina-monster myself; I burn off all the body fat without much effort, so that may explain my underweight status, which I'm attempting to remedy by gaining muscle this summer, instead. I do stay up late often; (something most teenagers are prone to doing against their parent's wishes), but I don't think that's involved, but I'm no health expert. I do enjoy eating most foods, if they're tasty. I can be picky with food that I consider not very appealing, in where I glance at something or smell it from far away and can tell that I don't want to eat that; but, sometimes it's food that most people like, aka pizza or mac' n' cheese. I do think I have a sugar-sense, because I can tell if there's sugar in something and estimate how much if it feels high enough, sometimes; that applies to my picky-sense, but sometimes I indulge like most my age. I don't know if that's my health-nut kicking in with the sugar, or if it's related to the hunger issue, but I'm just informing you of everything that might be related or help. (Oddly, I do like trying bizarre foods like octopus (a seafood chicken, to me)--but I do consider myself somewhat unconventional in fashion, so it wouldn't be strange if that were to translate to my food preference). I have gotten a blood test recently, and there's nothing wrong; I only could use to eat more foods with Vitamin D, but I do drink a lot of milk, so there's that; not even a problem, just need a diet and to consider what vitamins I need for my age/gender and see what foods I need to eat that I'm not. This doesn't need a reply, or anything; this is just me putting my experience with no hunger forward and some thoughts with it. This could help, maybe; I don't know, but I would enjoy getting a lengthy reply to read. Good-day. smile

• Posted

Your life is what dream or good luck to done people like me. Keep going and if you be much concerned then chances are you may get some diseases for over thinking etc. Your health seems to be awesome. The stamina got mentioned is a dream or good luck to me if i had.
  • Posted

I lost mine COMPLETELY 1 year and 3 months ago. Food still tastes good and i havent lost weight. I get tired alot and have problems with digesting and even had a polyp removed from my throat last year cos i felt i was choking and lately again this year having trouble with some foids i swallow so i drink alot licorice tea. I also demanded a colonoscopy and docs didnt find cancer. Im also not that old. Dont understand what is happening. My dad died of esophageal cancer a year and a half ago and my mom is now in stage 4 kidney cancer. I tjought maybe i was going thru shock trauma loss of appetite but this cant be psychological anymore. If you find out the results, pls keep us posted. Sorry to hear your situation.
  • Posted

Okay, idk where my last comment went... but i see that there is still some activity on this thread so ill summarily explain whats going on here, as i had the exact same problem and now i've fixed it.

You have a FUNGAL/MOLD infection.

As the particular type of infection my vary from person to person, I will share my case and how i fixed it.

I had a Black Mold from living in a very dirty area for a few years. This a very hard fungus to remove, so there is almost no chance that it goes away on its own. This fungus is very resilient and so if you do not take a targeted approach to solving the problem and completely fix it, it just continues to return repeatedly and tax your immune system eventually crashing it. Like any other pathogen, fungus also disrupts the gut microbiome, this microflora disbalance is one of the major contributors towards weakening your immune system. The other reason your immune system is weakened (besides gut dysbiosis and fatigue) is that the fungus blocks of your lymphatic system, severely compromising it. No functioning lymph means no working defense system and no waste disposal.

The reason why a fungus/mold is so hard to remove (besides that is can survive under extreme conditions with almost no nutrition) is that it forms a protective layer around itself and also that when some of the fungus is killed it releases mycotoxins that are very very toxic that weaken the body and do not allow it to fight/heal.

All of this together causes your body systems to crash. This means (besides the common symptoms) yeast (candida) infections and parasites (worms).

So now about how to rid of it. It will take about 2 years (seriously! if you cant feel hungry that means the infection is systemic and severe), but you can also do it in 3 months by really pressing hard. However all of this is done in two stages: 1) Kill pathogens 2) Heal. Depending on how severe the infection is and other specifics this is the generally the order in which it'll happen:

1) The gut

2) Mucus Deposits (Upper respiratory tract mostly )

3) Lymph

4) deep rooted residues of the infection int he tissues (at this point you dont really need to worry as your body will eventually remove it on its own provided you maintain your health)

So now, heres what you will need unless i am missing something:

fasting - prolonged or intermittent ( this is extremely imp as you need to starve the pathogens)

Olive oil

Coconut oil

Black seed oil

Wormwood extract

Black walnut hull

Cloves

Garlic

Vitamin C

Bromelain or any other protease (protein breaking enzymes)

strong probiotics ( i use VSL#3, but you can use any that have about 100 billion CFUs)

chlorophyll

optional:

curcumin

resveratrol

cinnamon

honey

I wont go into exactly how to use them as you have to do quite a bit of reading anyway, and most importantly you will develop an understanding of the situation after a couple of cycles and then you can simply use intuition to know what to do and when.

Now, the cycles. Like i said there are two stages: 1) Killing/fighting pathogens 2) Heal/Recover/Detox

Begin with the phase 1, this involves using everything except probiotics ( you can choose to use vit c and chlorophyll if you want although its more effective in the healing phase)

Again, I will not explain why, but this will tax your body.

Once you are "satisfied" you can move on to the next phase and eat healthy, green foods in addition to strong probiotics, but dont go too overboard with the probiotics as that may lead to overgrowth and that would be suboptimal.

This is all that i can think of that is necessary to deal with this problem in its entirety. If i think of anything else i will add to it or if you have any questions do let me know.

• Posted

Thanku soo much fansworth. Not sure if u r still on here but if u are, in ur opinion, is the black mold a result of something environmental or from tai food gone bad? I had left moldy containers in my room and then threw them away and used peroxide and white vinegar to remove. I even cut out any patches of rug that had water or other soil stains on them....so now alot of my rug is gone with hard wood showing. Havent sneezed anywhere near like i used to but still no appetite...because food still tastes good if it is prepared. .i eat tai food once a week wen i go out with a friend...i notice if i let it sit in my room for mire than 6 hours..it gets slimy so i had wondered about that and wondered if i had a worm from food poisoning. I suffered ALOT of dental issues over the past year and a half so i was on sooo many antibiotics and pain pills that i figured i ruined my gut flira from that and that that was what caused the loss of appetite. Even though I havent taken thise pills since last november, I do take vitamins....i also contracted herpes 1 and 2 from my ex about 9 months before i lost my appetite and my body was doing alot of strange things. I suffer from neuralgia from time to time and get exhausted easily. Docs cant find cancer so im thinking u could very well be right. Scary stuff...i will take ur suggestions with the things uve lusted and try to fast....

God bless yu

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.