I NEVER feel hungry, can this be anything other than cancer? Distraught

Posted , 72 users are following.

Hello, I am a 25 year old male, I've searched the internet high and low but there doesn't seem to be any reassurance out there for me. I lost my appetite seeminly over night about 3 months ago. Over that time I have seen 4 different doctors and they have presribed various things like laxatives and acid reflux as I have also had mild digestive complaints on and off. None of these have had boosted my appetite though. I still enjoy eating and do so to keep my energy levels up, but I never actually get hungry and sometimes I get bloated after meals. I also had a colonscopy (I requested it) to rule out colon cancer and it was all clear so the doctor just gave me anti-anxiety meds assuming my lack of appetite was psychological. Only thing is I'm convinced it's not and have seen another doctor who I persuaded to give me an ultrasound. Doctor doesn't seem too worried though and just seemed to imply I'm a hypochondria.

Assuming I am right about the lack of appetite being physical, can I really be anything else but cancer? I'm convinced what I am experiencing now is cachexia, or wasting from late stage cancer. I can't help but think it's pancreatic cancer with liver mets as I also have digestive complaints (have even had floating stools for a while now), I initially considered this just to excedingly rare in people my age but my symptoms just seems textbook. All in all just can't really believe this is happenning and I'm terrified about the ultrasound.

4 likes, 145 replies

145 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

i am same but i discovered some theory.... adrenal gland regulate harmone and it need consitant vitamins and electrolite to generate or regulate harmones.... in which appetite and energy harmone are ........you eat large meals but these makes overload on kidney thus it will be not able to generate more harmone at same time and more acid will be generate by body to clear food from stomatch but there is not enough harmone to digest .. it will lead to inflammation and more load on adrenal- liver .... slow digestion will cut down supply of vitamins and oral vitamins will not help because body first prefer to undigest food in stomach to get vitamin , so it will elimate all oral vitamins through urine ...
  • Posted

i am on same boat... laxative does not help because we are in shortage of vitamins.... laxative need vitamin c to work ... oral vitamin c will not work...even injectable vitamins will not work
  • Posted

it is harmone issue ... daily deep breath minimum 1 hour.. reduce stress....

reduce inflamation

reduce acid in body

eat small in gaps .....

watch cooking channels but do not eat when you feel hungry when you watch cooking channel.

watching cooking channel generate appetite harmone but you should not over eat... stay away from humid environment because it cut down oxygen supply in our body which lead to more stress, so deep breathing is good

• Posted

I've followed your posts done as you suggested and I did the reading and breathing exercises and watching the cooking channel 😊 only one problem... I'm still not hungry! The cooking channel gives me ideas on stuff that will taste good but that's about it. So you might be right for some people but it's not working for me. I did notice that my stress is down so I'm going to keep doing the breathing. Ty for the ideas anyways. Have a great day.

• Posted

take vitamins.... when you feel very hungry and do not eat any meal that day.... next day take liquid diet and take vitamins when you feel hungry...
  • Posted

floating stool means - food does not digested well and watery stool means more acid needed to clear the food but why ? because there is not enough digestion harmone in the body or body does not know that you need to eat or not ..... body lost its automatic call of appetite . .. ... I feel little better when I deep breath and watching cooking show....
    • Posted

Thanku too Rahulk! ?I read all ur posts just now. I think you are exactly right. I DO believe it has to do with adrenal fatigue and harmones. Cooking channel is a great idea as is dEEp breathing. I believe i have a hormonal imbalance .

• Posted

be on full liquid diet for 30 days.... no seeds , no solid...... minimum 30 days ... it will cure you 80%.
    • Posted

Thanku Rahulk but i am already on the the thin side. How will i keep weight on
    • Posted

if you balance body then you can get weight again anytime.... you can add little bit olive oil in liquid diet.... stay away from seedy foods, but you can enjoy soups ... inflamation increase cortisol in our body which create inflamation round circle in our body and make more acitic our body... virus grow & enjoy in that situation and no medicine will work , even anti -acidity and depression medicines do not work..... first aim is to eliminate inflamation and balance cortisol level in our body ... adrenal fatique is not 100% true. we need to focus on diet which easily digest, so no more inflamation and no more adrenal fatique or load ..... adrenal can handle normal inflamation + normal harmone generate but too much inflamation affect it... so first we need to reduce inflamation , so adrenal can create enough harmone.... it can take days to months... so keep on liquid diet ... it will fix stress and depression also and post your result, so others can get benefit with it.... it is a round circle , we need to break it.

• Posted

Thanku again Rahulk. A liquid duet 8s something ive been wanting to do for a very long time but was afraid to try. I will just have to get better about using my blender. Wen i settle into my new place or finish school ..i will get better about it.

Blessings my friend

• Posted

Too much cortisol, reduce other harmone and kidney and other parts do not work properly ... It is fight or run situation for our body... Breathing become fast... Kidney do not store vitamins , digestion get much slow , inflammation feast get start.

Body generate more acid to clear food from stomach and more acid create ulcers in stomach..... Doctor usually say it is IBS but in real, they do not face what we are facing... body gives indication, so we need to understand... Every yellow thing is not mango but in doctor language... It is always mango without investigate

• Posted

Hey! I have the exact same issue. Literally 3 months ago out of thin air I started to have terrible digestive issues and every doctor told me it was IBS- I also had a CT and colonoscopy and endoscopy but I literally NEVER feel hungry I feel full all the time. I enjoy eating food still and literally try to eat all the time because I’m afraid I’m not getting enough calories throughout the day. Did you ever find an answer to this? I’m literally depressed because when I am around other people I feel like a freak because I’m not like them anymore. Let me know if it ever just randomly came back for you as it’s been 2 years since you’ve posted this. Thank you! 
  • Posted

Very, interesting I found this thread. I am also been experiencing these symptoms you explain @long season. I am a 23 year old Male. I have been having symptoms for since September of this year. I notice odd that I was almost 280LB earlier this year (2018). I know for sure since March I was about that weight, but it is now October 9th as of today and I weigh 238. All well and good but since of September 14th I went to the emergency because of severe back pain. I had symptoms such as the chills ,feeling flustered, back pain primarily on my left side., nausea and vomiting in the morning. It was bad. I feared for the worst, as you did, which was cancer of the pancreas. I thought this 1st because of the passing of my father in late 2013 from pancreatic cancer. As of today my symptoms have been mild dull back pain still on left side of me, change of appetite(I would literally binge eat just snacks and all the junk you could think of) now I've been eating alot better fruits instead of chips no more junk a lot less eating out. One symptom is bad indigestion. At work I tend to pass alot off gas burp and sometimes I feel that I have to force burp. My stool has also changed. At times it will float also it looks like it lacks color of brown more light which means they is lack of bile in the stool. Just today I had a healthy bowel movement but I noticed that one little guy had a dark blue/black color and last night (10/8) my stool was green but no vegetables other than romaine lettuce was eaten. My plan this week is to head to the doctors for test. The problem is if anybody does have pancreatic cancer it is usually diagnosed in its later or final stage because it has spread to other areas of the body. All we can all hope is that all this is all in our head and nothing more.

• Posted

hey! ive been experiencing the exact same thing... how did you go/what was your diagnosis?

• Posted

Hi Emma. My apologies for the late response. I was never given a proper diagnosis. It will be 2 years in March that my appetite is gone completely. At this point, it is hard not to think cancer. One of my ex's gave me herpes 1 and 2 a year before I lost my appetite. Since then, I struggle with neuralgia in different parts of my body. I also have hpv from several years ago but I honestly thought the Lord healed me of that because it hasn't shown up in my bloodwork in years. I am now realizing that sometimes the strain goes away or is too low to.show up in bloodwork but I do not know how true this is. Oddly enough, I cannot stop eating rich foods that taste good to sustain but my weight is a little less than what I used to weigh know matter how hard I try to put on a few(it is like I lost a few) and yet many years ago I was anorexic and didnt want to eat or put weight on. The irony. All I can say is that the hospital I use and my primary are not concerned yet because when I last got checked a year ago, my weight was good..ct scans and blood work were normal and there is no aversion to food, just no appetite but I enjoy the taste. Only thing they found was a precancerous polyp in my throat that I had removed in April 2017 because I had a choking sensation 2 springs ago around the time I lost my appetite and my dad died of esophageal cancer so it was a concern. Also, I had a pre-cancerous polyp removed from my rectum during a colonoscopy last January but I find it strange that both before and after procedure, I am told that my intestines are backed up wit fecal matter so Im like (full of s**t?😂) strange cos I have no problems moving my bowels and I dont be getting why I would be backed up still after a colonoscopy. i have crappy state insurance. My guess is either my doctor team doesnt care enough to further speculate OR I very well have a digestive issue that is still undetected from ALLLL of the antibiotics I was on for dental infections. I was on alot of em in 2016 to the end of 2017 and then again for a couple months in the summer of 2018. Had a LOT of dental work and was relying on them heavily between dental procedures cos I erroneously believed it was better to take than not. Hipe this helps. My badd for how long. Feel frEE to tell me what is going in with your concern and if anyone else would like to share their issue and or feedback, feel free.

Love and Peace

Kray Kray✌

• Posted

Actually, im sorry Rahul from he group mentioned many months agi to go in a liquid duet for 30 days but my body just doesnt feel right unless there is some food in it in order to go to sleep so i suggest trying it..it is a catch 22 situation for me. perhaps i will try making peanut butter banana shakes b4 bed and doing soup and juices for the rest of the day and see how long i csn get away with that. i gotta do something different. my way is not working.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.