I really want to know if this is Genital herps or?

Posted , 8 users are following.

0 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hey I'm sorry about the diagnosis. did this appear soon after your encounter or months later? also did your dr swab it?

• Posted

very confident that this is herpes. herpes can be one sore and this follows similar patterns of one sore herpes. youre at the crusting stage so it is healing, but you need to use protection and be honest with your partners.

• Posted

imageimageimage

• Posted

doesnt this look strange ??! but the doc told me it doesnt loon like herpes. this looks worse than his photo!

• Posted

Everything came back negative some how...

• Posted

Thanks, I'm going to go back in when my medicine is all gone that they gave me. I'm really curious on what this is or something happen with lab testing.

• Posted

just be grateful, finish your meds and return back as you said. i musy say though, i am truly surprised. i work in a clinic and see stds all day and from the picture i was pretty certain. but test results trump all knowledge. keep me updated if you can.

• Posted

Yes everything is negative . I found it weird that the doctor looked at it first and told me right away i had something, and she was wrong. I Just finished my medicine today.

• Posted

here is a picture of mild herpes. compared to your issue. extremely similar

• Posted

How long after the encounter did you wait to have your blood screening?

• Posted

It can take MONTHS for it to show up on a screening. If the questionable encounter was very recent, it might not show up yet. The blood test doesn't actually test for the disease, but for the antibodies to the disease, which can take a while to build up in the bloodstream.

Use protection in the meantime, and go back and get tested again in a few months.

• Posted

I agree. I would be irresponsible to see a lesion like that and assume its from nothing if you dont give yourself time to have an accurate reading.

• Posted

I'm going back for another test. Wish me luck

• Posted

Dude - Don't waste your time and money going again so soon. I would wait another month at least, even three. You don't want to get a false sense of security about it and have it turn out to be the real deal.

• Posted

So sorry, dude. It's not the end of the world, though. Just be sure to use protection, even if there are no obvious symptoms. And be honest with partners.

Also remember that it can be passed via oral sex, so don't assume that that's a safe route.

There's a great resource called if you have questions about it and need support. There's a forum where you can ask questions and get some encouragement.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.