I resolved my enlarged/swollen prostate

Posted , 12 users are following.

Important info first, this will only work for those that have a sugar intolerance and simple enlarged/swollen prostate, no complications, no infections.

63 year old, retired, 3-4 years ago, had doctor say I had a 40 gram prostate, prescribed Flomax, I didnt get it/take it. Had problems with reduced bladder capacity, difficulties starting/stopping flow, retention, just a week ago, it took me 3 separate emptyings to get my bladder empty, just sit there and wait until it was ready to dribble out. Symptoms would sometimes improve but would always come back and was getting worse that last year. Decided that my sweet tooth and sugar might be causing inflammation in my prostate as well as my abdominal cavity. Quit all sugars, within days, I was noticing amazing improvements, I felt less bloated, I didnt have to pee after a nap, at the first pee urge, I could suppress it and go another 30 minutes instead of 5 minutes, I had less retention, most all of it was coming out easier, I could start and stop and squirt pee, which I havent been able to do in 1-2 years, I'm going fewer times in a day than I have in years. Just gotta work on stretching the bladder now.

4 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Been on Flomax for just over a year (1 capsule per day)

Have had variable results on my symptoms but generally beneficial. In particular I have found it to reduce the urinating frequency I was experiencing both during the day and at night.

However on occasions I have noted that some nights I have been up 4 times to pee rather than the "normal" once or twice. Just recently I linked those higher frequency episodes to evenings when I consumed a chocolate bar and several chocolate biscuits.

I know that chocolate is said to have some diuretic properties but, thinking about Steven's observations, it may be related to total sugar intake.

Will certainly think about my sugar intake and have a go at reducing it to see if there are any benefits for me.

• Posted

I replied to Arlowood, the reply was deleted, if you would tell me what was wrong with the post, I can avoid doing it again, was it the link to a web story on inflammation?

• Posted

Arlo, I also quit dairy, processed meats when I quit sugar. google "inflammatory foods" . The last 2 nights, I have slept 6-7 hours, without getting up at all, that hasnt happened to me in years. I would heartily encourage you to look into dietary inflammation.

• Posted

hello Steven

good to hear you were able to stop prostate growth

did you give up added sugar or all sugar?

there is sugar in fruits.

I will appreciate if you can reply to my question

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.