I stopped taking ativan after taking it for 10 years every day. I experienced NO withdrawal symptos

Posted , 3 users are following.

I stopped taking Ativan after being on it for 10 years taking .5 milligrams a day I had no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever I'm going on my second week it doesn't have to be the nightmare that everybody talks about

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thats because you were on it for a long period of time and it would take longer to withdraw from the ativan after 10 years of taking it.
    • Posted

I never took more than .05 mg for the duration of the time I was on it. I tapered off over 2 1/2 weeks until I stopped all together. I don't expect to have any symptoms since I don't have any after 10 days totally off ativan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.