I swallowed plastic bank note!!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

5 days ago I swallowed a plastic bank note accidently. Bit of messing with mates. I meant to spit it into cup as I drank water. Was stupid bet. Anyway I have really swollen upper stomach. Severe pains followed by gurgling. My thoughts are maybe note opened up in stomach. As was folded when swallowed. Went to hospital today. After doctor had a good giggle was sent home and told to come back if same in 10 days. I could be dead by then. Been going to toilet but only with lacative. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Really panicking here....

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would ask for a second opinion you need help ASAP, forget the embarrassment, some ppl do silly things. This is serious you don't know what the effect is on your insides. You need help 

• Posted

Hi! Ooft, this is certainly a unique complaint! I would honestly advise you to go back to the hospital and maybe get them to put a camera down there. I’m thinking it’s either stuck in your small/large intestine, causing obstruction and meaning you can’t go to the bathroom as frequently as is normal for you. Or the plastic around the note isn’t agreeing with your system since...well, as you know we’re not meant to eat plastic. I have no idea if our stomachs can digest a plastic note. The acid is strong but it’s not a soluble material.

I don’t think that it’s anxiety causing your stomach issues to be honest. It sounds like it’s cauding an obstruction in your bowel which is making you constipated and the gurgles you hear are either your muscles in your bowels trying to move it along, or stool build up from the note still being stuck in there (or both). Go back and see that they can relieve you of this! Stomach issues are rubbish to deal with and hopefully this will be short lived for yousmile

• Posted

Steven I was wondering did you get help mate. Did it pass? I am really concerned.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.