I think I have a stricture

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been having bladder problems since May of last year. I had a slow flow and 10mls of residual urine left in my bladder after a uroflow test. Urologist was concerned so he sent me for a flexible cystoscopy with a local. I had the cystoscopy and it found nothing. After the scope the tip of my penis was very swollen. I'm not sure if this is normal. It lasted for about an hour and then went back to normal. It did not burn to pee and there was no blood. 3 months after the scope I noticed that My urethra wasn't emptying urine fully. This went on for another two months and then I noticed that when I urinated, after I finished it felt like a sting/burn about 1/2 inch down from the tip of my urethra. I now have to milk my urethra to get all of the urine out of it. Strangely my flow has improved. There is no burning when urinating unless I really strain to get the last drops out and then I'll get a searing type pain in that spot. I went through a two week phase where I was getting stabbing pains in that area of my urethra. I also had pins and needles in the tip of my penis. When I sat down it felt like there was something stuck in my uretha and I could feel a type of pressure. I have no pain when I urinate, no pain with ejaculation. Ejaculate force seems ok, though I have to push out semen after I'm done as sometimes there seems to be a fair amount left over in my urethra, yet if I squat it seems to help. Strangely there is none is my perineum, mainly in penile urethra. Here's what I think is strange; after I have ejaculated, if i wait a while I will leak quite a bit of see-through post ejaculate. I always know when this happens because when it goes past that certain point I will get a burn, sharp sting. I know it's happened because As soon as I look at my penis the post ejaculate is there. I think I have a possible narrowing when the gland meets the urethra. I've spoken to others who have strictures and they say they don't have these symptoms. So I don't know what to do. I don't think an RUG would help due to the location. Maybe I will have to have another flexilble scope to check? What do you all think?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

We have a similar symptoms. For me, I think your urethra is inflamed caused by cystoscopy.

Many people here said that their urethra got worse after cystoscopy and/or catheter insertions...

My condition was due to an incident.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.