i think i have colon cancer

Posted , 6 users are following.

About 6 weeks ago i started getting sore cramps in my upper abdo area. They were sharp painful and lasted a few secs. It happened on and off for about 2 weeks. I put it down to breastfeeding and my uterus shrinking. Then i realised it started to spread all around my whole tummy. I mentioned it to my husband and he thought nothing of it. Then i went for a number 2 and when i wiped there was blood. I thought nothing of it. The next day same thing but i stopped mid way looked into the toilet and there was blood in my poo. So i finished up and there was quite a bit on the tissue. I mentioned this again to my husband and he seemed a bit concerned. So the next day i lt happened again this time the blood pooled up on top of my poo. So i showed him and then he was really worried. His mother passed away from bowel cancer that was mistaken for ibs. After 2 years she was diagnosed with cancer and died 6 months later. My tummy is getting worse and my iron is down. I went to the dr to get stool and blood tests now im just waiting.

I have headaches and light headed last 2 days. My lower back and hips hurt alongside my lower tummy. I am constipated cant go with enema. And my bowel habits change from diarhea to constipation. Does it sound hopefless

for me? Do i have cancer?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Did you find out what is going on after the coloniscopy? Please reply ,I have same symptom's and coloniscopy is schedule for August 22nd. I am freaking out. I don't know if I will last till Tuesday.

• Posted

Hello K. Congrats on the new baby. And thanks for writing in. Do you mind sharing the results from your colonoscopy and other tests? We really care. I am having lots of the same symptoms but only a smear of blood so far. Hope we hear from you! Diane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.