I think I have genital herpes!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently slept with a new partner on 13.2.18 and about the day after my vagina has been really sore and I noticed like 6/7 bumps just on my labia they are very painful and really hurt when I wee. My partner says he doesn't have genital herpes so I'm not sure what to believe as these are going a little bit dry now but are still hurting

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you have a picture? And has your partner been tested?
  • Posted

As Mgirl suggests, your partner wouldn't necessarily know if he has herpes or not unless he's been tested.  The CDC says this: "Most individuals infected with HSV are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms that go unnoticed or are mistaken for another skin condition."

For anyone else reading here, there are pics on this thread btw:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/is-this-genital-herpes-pictures-included--638827

• Posted

So right after being infected let’s say with herpes, how long is the best time to wait to get a positive 100% result? 

Secondly, if the infected individual performed oral to the vagina, what would it be classified as herpes 1 or 2?

• Posted

There isn't really a good time to wait.  If anyone thinks they may have been infected with herpes, then they should get checked out sooner rather than later, ideally within 5 days of being infected.

It's increasingly common for HSV-1 to infect the genitals, so if a woman received oral sex from someone who's infected, she could potentially be infected with either virus.  It seems to be rare for HSV-2 to be transmitted without genital to genital contact though.

Around a third of genital herpes cases are now caused by the HSV-1 virus, (which is why people usually talk about HSV-1 and HSV-2, or "type 1" and "type 2" rather than "oral herpes" and "genital herpes"wink.

• Posted

after being infected if you wanted to take a blood test you would have to wait a few weeks for your body to produce antibodies, maybe like 8-12 weeks but people can produce antibodies even sooner than that. If you develop lesions, get them swabbed right away for the most accuracy. a person with HSV1 who performs oral on someone could give them HSV1 genitally. HSV2 is pretty confined to the genital area

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.