I think I have lichen sclerosus?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I am a 18 year old female and I know that's a unusual age for lichen sclerosus. I went to my GP today and I told her that I have white plaques on both sides of my vulva and I it looks like one side of my clitorus has fused to my clitoral hood. 

However, she dismissed me but did refer me to a gynaecology clinic. My appointment is in 2 weeks but these white plaques are growing rapidly and my clitorus fused in about 3 days. 

I have no other symptoms apart from the white plaques on my vulva and I believe it is also on my anus. 

I am not sure what to do about the plaques and would like some advice on dealing with them or whether anyone else has had symptoms similar to mine?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

May I add - take baking soda baths (1/3 cup) or sitzbath (1/8 cup) and rinse with baking soda in a Perin bottle after every bathroom visit (three pinches in the bottle)  Bath every other day.  Use coconut oil for lubrication.  

Others have already told you about the witch hazel and aloe vera.  All good.  The faster you react the better off you'll be.  Also cut all sugar immediately, as well as alcohol.  Try to prevent stress in your life as much as possible.  

Try to inform yourself on LS from the discussions on this site, look at Dr. Goldstein's video.  In short - get as best informed as you can.  Keep observing your bottom and see for yourself what's happening down there.  You could even take digital pictures with a real digital camera (not your phone) to keep a record of the progress (improvement or otherwise)  (this also is of help to a good doctor)  

Wishing you WELL.  

• Posted

Thank you very much, at the moment I have banana boat aloe vera and I'm wondering if I could use this version?
    • Posted

That would likely have some additives that you would not want to put down there.  I only use 98% to 100% pure aloe.
    • Posted

Oh no sad I bought it thinking it was pure aloe but I did put it on once and it only slightly tingles but now when I put it on, it doesn't do that anymore? Strange
    • Posted

Read the ingredients...if it has 3 or less...you are probably okay. But keep watching for the purer form.  A health food store or online would be good places to look.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.