I think I have OCD but don't know and am to scared to talk yo my parents or anyone about it

Posted , 9 users are following.

Please help me I don't know what to do! I am nearly 13 and I have recently been thinking I have OCD. For the last few months I have had several obsessions/rituals or whatever you want to call them. One of them is that I am terrified of someone breaking in and hurting me or my family. I am obsessed with shutting windows and will get scared if they are open. I will wake up in the middle of the night worried that I might have forgotten to shut them and have to get up and check. Another problem is that I constantly feel lonely and are incredibly attached to my parents for my age I(Idon't know if this is anything to do with it but might be.) I will feel lonely unless someone is talking to me or I am touching someone else even if were in the same room. I  also have to check my whole room for about 20 minutes before I go to bed to check for anything such as spiders or anything else abnormal. Thee are a few other things but don't want to bore you. Like I say I don't know if all if any of this is OCD but need to know as it is scaring me now please help!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, 

you are very young but i understand what you are goiing through i used to tidy my room 3 times a day, i had my tape and cd collection in alphabetical order.

I enjoyed doing it made me feel happy, but now that ocd had turned to stress. Speak to your parents and tell them how you fell. 

If you need to talk further just ask, i hope you feel better soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.