I thought I was the only one who had gotten this bleph

Posted , 6 users are following.

I thought I was the only one who had gotten this blepharitis that now I've been researching for what seems like so long. It's only been 5 months for me but feels like 5 years. Well I'm in the same boat my right eye is worse and it will flare up even more sometimes preventing me from doing the things I want to do socially b/c yes, it does make one feel self conscious. I am using warm/cold compresses, and Ocusoft Lid scrub, in addtion to Lotemax, but every time I stop the cycle of the eyedrops the blepharitis comes again twice as fast, well I don't want to say it but I'm really scare of the addiction that my eyes are developing to these eyedrops and that once I'm off of them my bleph just does not stay subsided. I have never met anyone with this condition in my life. I AM 24!

[i:588614cac5]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:588614cac5]

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Bambicat,

Some countries do not have them and they can order on-line. One person said he got them on E-Bay.

There are on-line drug stores.

There has been one person who could not use them and had a bad reaction. She had allergies to several things she said.Benzethonium Chloride is a longlasting persistant activity against micro organisms.

I did not put it in my eye. Only on the eyelash area. You can also put drops in the eyes for lubrication after using wipes too. Those are over the counter (artificial tears).

I used only a very small section of the wipe too. It was 1 inch by 3 1/2 inches. It was just enought to cover my fingertip. I tore each one into 8 pieces.

Hope this helps you and you get relief soon.

Lynda 79

• Posted

Hi Lynda, My local Chemist were able to get them for me so I ordered 2 boxes. I'm going to cut them into 4 I think. I've just ordered some of the Avon Professional Deep Pore Cleanser that you were talking about earlier. You can still get it I've found it on Ebay. If you just put Avon Professional Deep pore cleanser into your search you should find one on Ebay and they are in Scotland. The total cost was just over £5.

Will let you know what else I can find!

• Posted

hi Bambicat.

did you get your wet ones in scotland , what chemist did you use , im from ayrshire but in azerbaijan at moment . have got my sis in usa to send some over to scotland. .i ve been using teatree wipes to hold it at bay till i get home .

• Posted

My eye doc recommended using a saline solution to wash the eyes out.
  • Posted

Hi Ian

Sorry I didn't mean I had got the Wet Ones in Scotland (I'm in Cheshire) I was meaning the Avon Pore Cleanser which is advertised on Ebay comes from someone who is actually in Ayrshire Scotland.

The Avon cleanser is the one Lynda was talking about that contains Benzethonium Chloride. I'm going to find the Wet Ones tomorrow.

• Posted

I wonder if Optrex would work as a solution to wash the eyes out like the Saline Solution. That's another thing to add to my list!
  • Posted

ill be giving everything a go ,sounds positive . and moorfields (eye hospital)said it couldnt be cured when i phoned them
  • Posted

I'm not sure if it can ever be completely cured I've heard once you've got it you can't get rid of it. All we can do is try and keep it under control. Now remember everyone if you find the Magic Ingredient let us all know!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.