I took my first dose of Spiriva Respimat today and feel terrible.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I took my first dose at 10am today and since then i have felt awful. My breathing feels worse, I have a headache feel shaky and now im very scared. I have taken more of my Tranquillers today than ever before. I have just phoned my doctors pharmacy and told her about this and she said to take the blue rescue inhaler but im too scared to now. Also take tomorrows dose and if i still feel bad then i will need to get this sorted out. Anyone else felt like this and have found an inhaler that works well for them. I know its my first day but there have been times today that i thought this was my last day on earth. Im very depressed now and feeling so alone. I thought this would help my breathing not make it worse plus all the other bad effects.

I feel like giving up on life.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, I was on that stuff for a while....hoarseness so bad I couldn't talk....Dr. changed me to "Incruse Ellipta"....no side effects..........

• Posted

Hi,

I have never heard of that so will look it up. I stopped taking the Spiriva as was going on holiday to Spain and didn't want that ruined by side effects but had check up with Dr this week and shes told me to try taking it again. Bit hesitant as hate side effects.

• Posted

Yes, spiriva makes SOME, but only some, of us hoarse. Not much point in looking it up as either the hoarseness stops happening, as in temporary side effects which pass but no one online tells you about that, or the people stop taking it and switch to another med. Gotta try it for awhile, Mandy, if you ever want to get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.