I've been depressed for a number of years and nothing seems to be getting better

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been treated for depression for about 6 years in this time I have tried twice to end it. The second was a massive eye opener for me as I ended up in hospital and being a few pills away from dying. I have two young children and a lot going for me in my life but no matter how much I try with the 'positive thinking ' i still feel myself feeling incapable of being 'happy' if that is the right phrase to use !. 

I feel myself pushing my husband away and getting very angry with my children for no reason. Which is having a very bad effect on my marriage and life!. 

I am not sure where to go from here. 

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I  can only offer options Vikki I cant advise you what to do with them.

Trust yourself and youll do whats right for you

• Posted

Hi Vikki, i wish i could help you more other than just a comment, i know how depression feels, i was diagnosed at 15 an that was 25 years ago and nothing has changed for me, but thats just me. talk to people on here when you can as they are a great bunch, they really are. i have had counselling, therapy and seen a shrink on a weekly basis, but like you, i find it difficult to talk about my feelings to them. they say they understand but they really dont. they may have qualifications etc but i believe until u have lived with this terrible illness, then they cant possibly understand. i posted a couple of comments on here last few weeks if you want to look at them, just to show you where i am in life, and also the amazing comments i got. i appreciated them so much and while they dont solve problems, its good to realise your not alone with this. i wont say stay strong or the usual cliches but try to fight on best you can. i have an 8 year old daughter who i only see once a fortnight on over night visit but this is my drive in life.....i will reply anytime i can if i can help. much love x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.