I've been feeling dizzy, sick & feeling spaced out for over a week now anyone had the same?

Posted , 15 users are following.

I've had dizziness,sickness & feeling spaced out all the time which I find really scary, I've been like this for over a week now sad doctor says it sounds viral & suggest it might be labyrinthitis. Any one else been having the same symptoms?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Go over a few simple things if you have not already. Get a blood test and have your Iron, Magnessium, B12, and vitamin D level checked. If any of these are low it could make you dizzy. Go to an ENT and make sure it is not an inner ear issue. Look into TMJ which is a jaw condition and look into SCM Muscle which is a muscle in your neck. Both TMJ and SCM muscle can make you dizzy. Remember to stay calm and don't get upset. If you give the dizzyness life it will get worse.
    • Posted

Great advice/comments, Rocksolid!  I wish I had this forum in the 1990s when my BPPV first hit!  

Anita, we know it's really unnerving to feel like this - but you'll be okay!  Hang in there, though - it could be a while before you know what's wrong, exactly, but maybe by then you'll feel better!  Labrynthitis does get better. smile  GL to you!

• Posted

Hi thank you for your reply I've been to have some bloods done today so hopefully will have some answers when I go back Wednesday. I find the spaced out feeling the worse to cope with as I have 2 young children & really don't feel with it sad

• Posted

I have had these systems for over 4weeks now there is exercises for this on u tube that will help with dizziness.also walking.physical therapy also will help but you have to go to a doc for that.my systems are slowly going away after 4weeks.im still dizzy but no were as bad! Goodluck
    • Posted

I will look into that thank you Vanessa smile I think if I get rid of the spaced out feeling I will be able to deal with it a bit better. I'm glad things are getting better for you smile
  • Posted

Hi Anita,

I had what they think was viral labrynthritis back in December. I had chronic dizziness and sickness but also had profound hearing loss in one ear. I take it your hearing is OK. If not you need to get something done about it as soon as you can. My doctor refused to refer me to ENT, so I didn't see anyone until over a week later. The ENT consultant I saw said that the treatment (steroid injections into the inner ear) has most effect within 24 hours of the onset of symptoms. Because mine was so long after onset I now have permanent profound hearing loss in my right ear, and a whole heap of other symptoms like tinnitus and hyperacusis. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

I've been doing exercises for the vertigo. The sickness got better after about a week or so, and the dizziness gradually started to improve the more I did. The first two weeks I had to lie low as I couldn't actually walk without a lot of support, but my consultant encouraged me to get active, as it was only by being active that my brain would learn to cope with only one functioning set of semicircular canals.

Good luck. It does get better. You just need to be kind to yourself.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply it means a lot smile sorry to here what you have been through tho must have been awful for you.

I've been getting pain in my ears the past few days but mainly above my ears around the bone area & been getting bad headaches which are at the sides and front of my head & also at the back of my head. I find it hard to cope with any load noise which is difficult with 2 little one smile

• Posted

Just try not get your self upset cause it will make it worse

And try to keep your head straight ! Trust me I thought I would never get better but believe it or not I'm slowly getting better.the dizziness is probably about 60 percent better now then it was 4weeks ago.i do exercise everyday and walk!

• Posted

That's really good to here thank you vanessa smile it's nice to know that I'm not alone. I found I felt worse over the weekend just resting. Where I've had to do stuff today & push myself for my little one which as helped me take my mind off a little now & again smile
  • Posted

Hi Anita,

Sorry to hear about your problems, I have been suffering with Dizziness and Vertigo in the last few weeks, it is very frightening. I visited the Dr last week and he thinks it may be Menieres or a bout of Labyrinthitis. I am due to have some blood tests this week which may help narrow down the diagnosis. In the meantime I am taking Beta Histamine, which I hope will help. 

It frightened me so much I couldn't do the most mundane of things.

I have learned a lot from the contributors on this forum and tried to carry out some of their advice. 

Hope everything works out for you soon.

Pauline

• Posted

Thank you Pauline smile I hope you get to bottom of your soon also. I'm hoping to get my blood results back on Wednesday.

I think it scares us more when we don't know what the problem is! I found being on here a great help thank you smile

• Posted

Hi Anita,

I share your exact symptoms and it feels miserable doesn't it? Since age 14 I have suffered bouts with vertigo. Sudden violent bursts that last only a minute or two then gone. Sometimes years in between, sometimes once a year.

Then one day when I was in my 40's, vertigo came and would not go away. That is when I discovered that there is physical therapy for vertigo. There is more than one type and mine is caused by a tiny crystal formation that gets trapped in the tiny tube of the inner ear.

At that time I learned that a sedentary life style can cause this to happen, and I have been very sedentary due to several recent major surgeries. This time it is dragging on and on but not taking over me. Just misery. When I see my doc this week I am going to request vertigo physical therapy again.

So I know that mine is not viral. Have you had a history of dizziness?

Sorry you are feeling badly and I hope it passes.

💛 Dawn, USA

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply it means a lot smile sorry that your going through the same tho.

I used to suffer with dizzy spells when I was around 12 where the whole room would spin for a few minutes sometimes hours or even a few days at a time, I had a few different test done and they put it down to vertigo as they couldn't find anything else. I've had them on & off for years but have seemed to get better over the past few years apart from when I've been pregnant which as been due to low blood pressure. But this time as felt different as I never experienced the spaced out feeling before & it scary sad

thank you for your support smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.