I've been given angina spray to treat my chest pain,but I'm terrified to use it for the first time.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been given angina spray but I installed can't bring myself to use it....im terrified of the stuff...I've heard about these headaches you get from it..I just don't know what im going to do....has anyone used this spray and what can I expect...please help I'm worrying myself sick over this...thanks from christina

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Christina

There is absolutely nothing to worry about,i to couldnt bring myself to use it and after 3 and a half years finally used it and yes i got a bit of a headache but no big deal and you find with this type of headache its usually gone in in 30 mins or so.

I think to use it in the sub conscious you are admitting to yourself that you do have heart disease that i think is the worst part.Next wednesday i receive my 2 new stents and cant wait.

Best Regards

Frank Wilson

Manchester England

• Posted

Hi frank thankyou for replying.im glad to know I'm not the only one that is scared to use the spray.i still haven't used it yet but I know I'm going to have to.when it comes to medication I'm a nervous wreck.i hope all goes well with your new stints regards christina
    • Posted

Hi Christina

I have no hesitation when to take the spray now and the only side effect i get is a slight headache and overtime your body becomes immune so take it as soon as you feel the chest tighten,you have to control angina and dont let it control you,i drive quite a lot and i even take it when i drive,it dosent make me feel dizzy at all otherwise i wouldnt take it when i drive.As soon as you take it once you will feel better in yourself for having taken it and better in yourself for overcoming the fear.TRUST ME ITS NO BIG DEAL HONEST.Forget all the talk about having to be sat down and feeling all faint and all that take it when stood up if you need to.

Regards

Frank

• Posted

Thanks frank.yes I have been told a few stories about the angina spray..I was told never take it standing up or you'll pass out.then I heard others say it's the headache from hell.so I've been terrified of the stuff.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.