I've been having health anxiety for 2 months, help me

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been having problem with my breathing and my chest being tight, now it's my throat feeling like is closing up, went to three Doctors they told me I have asthma, they gave me medication but it's not helping. Now m very scared always thinking about death, the what if I don't wake up the next day, every time I think about that I have panic attacks, feel like m taking my last breath. I am tired of this feeling, I want to be normal self, I don't know if I am really sick or its just anxiety. I am always exhausted and feel like sleeping the whole but when it's time to sleep I am scared to close my eyes. This has really affected my work badly. Help please

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. I don't have asthma, but I do have the rest of what you say! Maybe you need to ask for another medication to help your breathing?! Or, it could be anxiety, as when I am bad, I feel like it is hard to breath too. Question...once you go to sleep are you breathing ok? If so, it proves its only this "dumb anxiety"!
    • Posted

Sometimes it's bad but I don't normally sleep because I am scared, so I can say I always have the shortage of breath
  • Posted

Its all anxiety symptoms trust me i know. I do my research. I felt the same way you are feeling. That feeling like you cant breath is just hyperventalation. When that happens you need to take deep slow breaths and tell yourself its okay im just having an anxiety attack. I been going through my anxiety a little over a month now, but im gettin better each day. Time truly heals all.
    • Posted

It gets better in time. This is my second time going through this. Its been over a month now and im getting better everyday. You kust have to stay positive and show anxiety you are in control of your life
  • Posted

I have had asthma all my life I have had depression for 16 years the anxiety only started 5 months ago

With asthma you do get a tight chest and wheezing

With the anxiety it is a tight heavy chest its hard to breath but there is no wheezing

Thats my experince

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

95% of my day I always feel the shortage of breath and tight chest,i was even thinking of going to the the doctor so he can prescribe anxiety pills for me.
    • Posted

I take escitalopram 5 mg, which is a very low dose. Please know it can take 3-6 weeks for the full effect to take.
    • Posted

Not at all m not wheezing it's just tight chest and a throat that feels like m always strangled.
    • Posted

Thank you,everytime I try to sleep its like my heart skips a beat and feels like it stops beating. Pity I am based where they can't even speak English cos I was going to see a psychologist but they only know Arabic.
    • Posted

Surly they can get a translator for you.

Anxiety thrives off fear.

It is a switch in your brain that is telling you you are in danger when you are not.

Medication can help but therapy helps you cope with anxiety and not let it take over your life

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

I have all of those problems, and sports asthma.. It's awful feeling like at any minute, your life is going to be no more. My mom always told me I feared death. I didn't believe her, until my severe anxiety surfaced.
    • Posted

Do you still feel that way or you have overcooked your fears,if u have please tell me how to overcome this too.
    • Posted

I still haven't completely overcome my fear of death. See, I believe that those who have health anxiety, have that big dear of dying, and that's what makes it so hard to overcome it. I wish I could help you more, but I don't really have a solution, as I am struggling with that, too. But, I will say this: You're not alone. I promise. When I'm having anxiety, I take a hot bath, make myself a hot cup of chamomile tea with 2 spoons of sugar (you can add honey or just honey to it), and I relax. I've found that turning on a cartoon or a comedy really helps. Maybe even reading a good book. smile And always remind yourself that what you're experiencing is JUST anxiety and it cannot kill you. Good luck, hon. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.