I've been having health anxiety for 2 months, help me

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been having problem with my breathing and my chest being tight, now it's my throat feeling like is closing up, went to three Doctors they told me I have asthma, they gave me medication but it's not helping. Now m very scared always thinking about death, the what if I don't wake up the next day, every time I think about that I have panic attacks, feel like m taking my last breath. I am tired of this feeling, I want to be normal self, I don't know if I am really sick or its just anxiety. I am always exhausted and feel like sleeping the whole but when it's time to sleep I am scared to close my eyes. This has really affected my work badly. Help please

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey, I have asthma and anxiety. It's hard to differ tiara the two as they're very similar in symptoms. I don't get any wheezing at all with my asthma, even when I'm having an asthma attack so a wheeze is not always the difference. Your doctor cannot diagnose you without doing proper tests. You need something called a spirometers test to diagnose asthma. Once you get an official diagnosis, you can be put on the correct inhalers. Something called a peak flow measures how you are doing with your asthma. I have a peak flow machine at home and when I get the symptoms, I use it and if it is above a certain number I know it's anxiety, if it's below I know it's asthma. Hope this helps x
    • Posted

So did your doctor prescribe the peak flow machine for you or you bought it without your doctor's prescription. Are you also exhausted and feel like sleeping the whole day but when you sleep,you always have thoughts playing in your mind. As I'm responding to you now I'm feeling tired and when I close my eyes,my heart Beats and it skips a beat and I'm feeling so dizzy now. I don't know what to do anymore.
    • Posted

They prescribed it for me, but you can buy one online smile You would need to find out what is your healthy level though as everyone is different. Yeah I do, that part is definitely anxiety. Asthma doesn't generally make you exhausted, unless of course you've had an attack etc. I've had heart palpitations for years and missing beats. I recently had some tests done and all came back normal so I know that mine is definitely anxiety related. What has your doctor said?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.