I’ve been sick for 3 months... PLEASE HELP.

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have no where else to turn, please someone take the time to read this and help me, it would be much appreciated. 

I am a 19 year old female, 5’5 and 128 pounds. I exercise daily (except since I’ve been sick) I eat relatively healthy with the occasional fast food.

It all started one day in nursing class, I became very very hot and sweaty and an all around overwhelming feeling like I was going to pass out, I felt like I couldn’t breath and became tingly all over. I was able to get some air and did not pass out. That following week I was vomiting profusely with the addition of feeling disoriented and shaky and on and off feeling of going to pass out. I also experienced a lot of diarrhea. The diarrhea wasn’t alarming because I have experience that on and off at least once a week for as long as I can remember (years). After that I got sick with a cough and runny nose, chest pains (extreme) that have since been checked by a cardiologist and he called it sinus tachycardia, as well as a bit of an irregular heartbeat. After that I started experiencing extreme abdominal pain and was hospitalized because they thought it was my gallbladder (still do) but there were no kidney stones. I was checked for blood clot and pneumonia as well. In the last couple months I’ve had chest X-ray, abdominal X-ray, two CT-scans and one showed diverticular disease. After that I got a bit better with on and off abdominal pain (it feels sharp and seems to move around my abdomen) and became ill will bronchitis and a sinus infection. Both have cleared up well. But, I still do not feel well. Everyday I have this dreaded brain fog feeling, terrible head pain and pressure as well as headaches. The head pain almost feels like my head is bleeding on my brain, like a warm liquid. I feel tired and weak, I’m shaky and itchy. My legs ache so so bad all of the time especially when lying down, I have terrible pain in my kidneys that comes and goes, vision troubles and sometimes my legs and feet flare up in hives for no reason. I have told my doctors this but they only address one symptom and send me on my way. I know I am not crazy, this is not anxiety or depressiont is physical and it is there. It’s becoming almost crippling to my everyday life. I don’t know what to do, I just want to feel better but this is making it hard. 

Please someone help me I am looking for a new doctor but has anyone else experienced this? I just know there is a reason for this....

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm currently in hospital with continuous vomiting everyday since august this is my 4th admission! I have had problems with sickness before but all my tests come back clear, apart from a UTI and a backlog of faeces I have had an NG tube put in but couldn't keep down the feed, so they inserted an NJ tube. However the tube kept coming out due to me being sick. I have been diagnosed with chronic nausea and vomiting syndrome, functional dyspepsia and they are looking into rumination disorder (regurgitation) aswell as the vomitting.

• Posted

Hello all,

As of Dec i have been dealing with, headaches, dizzyness, light head, chest tightness, tingling or burning in my head, hot and cold sweats, loss of appetite, muscle twitching, brain fog, among other things! life has been hell for me these last 3 months. i have been to the doc several times and so far all i have been diagnosed with is fatty liver, and a hiatel hernia. Also i am pre-diabetic. but i feel like there is something more than what they are saying! now for the last week i can add fever to the list. sad part is i dont want to schedule another appt because of the possibilities of contracting covid-19 from the hospital. so now im stuck with these symptoms until this virus either passes or they create a vaccine for it!

• Posted

I have been reading all your post guys, and woow. I can only say that you are all warriors, i can feel your pain, i have been feeling brain fog, dizzines, a bit of chest tightness, confussion, a feeling like if im gonna faint all this makes me feel so bad and it changes the way i behave. Its a feeling of unrest, sadness and fear.

Most of the day i have this in and out of the simptoms, when its happening, i feel hungry and tired, but when they pass (the simptoms) i feel my self again, but then again, it comes to me like this sensation of "darkness" and it starts all over.

First i thought it was nutritional deficiency or something, but my blood work came clean, my glucose levels are fine and my blood preassure too. im schedule to do a TC brain scan and a tyroid panel. I just hope, like you guys to get better.

I forgot to mention, that two year ago i felt the same way for a couple of months and change my diet to vegan and i got healthy, but then i went back to certain old habits like the social drinking, crappy food on the street (no meat) and lots of stress related work and now this is happening again.

I will take not of some of the test you guys did to mention it to my doc. I whish you all the best in life and good health.

• Posted

Hi again to everyone, just hoping to hear from all of you, how is your healing process?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.