I've been sick for about a year, does anyone know what's wrong?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Ive been having severe abdominal pain for about a year now and ive been to the ER a few time and to many doctirs and noone can figure out what's wrong with me.

I am always in pain and it gets worse as soon as I eat or drink something.. So I havent had an actual meal for months because it hurts to bad. I am always neasuos and I get really bad headaches too.

I have had 2 endoscopy's, 1 colonoscopy, an ultrasound, a cat scan, and a HIDA scan to check my gall bladder. I've also had lots of blood work done. But everything came back normal and doctors are still trying to figure out whats wring with me. But its been a while and in tired of waiting and I'm in so,much pain and I am only 18 years old and I am to going to be going threw this.

Its not normal to not be able to eat, anytime I put any food or drink in my mouth and swallow, it instantly makes my stomach hurt more.

My pain in my stomach is usually dull and everywhere but then while I have the dull pain, I get a sharp pain on my upper right where my gall bladder is. The sharp pain isn't always there but it comes quite a bit and hurts really bad. I'm in so much pain and somedays I will just lay in bed crying cause it hurts so bad.

Please help me if you have any thoughts or suggestions.

I'm already taking Ranitidine, Amitriptyline, Bentto, and promethazine.

Ive also been on omeprozol, and carafate, and Zofran for nausea but I stopped those cause the doctors said they were not working.

Please let me know if you think if anything.

Thank you so much!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Bri3134

Can you recall the circumstances when this pain first began?.....and what is your diet like?

• Posted

Try a food diary to see what food or drink may be irritating your stomach.  Does your pain move about your stomach and do you have change of bowel habit?
  • Posted

I went through the same thing for a year and a half. I had a total of 12 diagnostic tests. They finally found 1 gallstone was causing all my pain. Had gallbladder removed 2 wks ago and am back to eating and pain free
  • Posted

Hi Bri3134,

I am so sorry to hear of your discomfort.  I too have been experiencing the same type of pain except it's only been 2 months.....but it's 2 months too long!   I've had all the procedures you've had also.  Everything came back normal except the HIDA scan.  I was diagnosed with biliary dyskinesia.  I was told by my gastroenterologist that my gallbladder needs to come out but the general surgeon says to have a upper endoscopy just to confirm. I was beginning to beleive it was just me when everything kept coming back normal....but this pain on the right under my rib cage and under my shoulder on the right side kept convincing me that there was a problem. My advice to you is to keep seeking help until someone tells you something.  Hang in there :-)

• Posted

It could be your pancreas? The pancreas is located near the gallbladder. Are you bloated? Are your stools greasy? Or it could also be gastritisis. Cuz pain radiates from the upper abdominal as well with a lot of belching and pain.
  • Posted

Hello. U need to have gallbladder removed. Pain and nausea is a sign of bad gallbladder. I had all tests too. Docs told me I was good. In my mind I wasn't good. I pushed the Drs to have my gallbladder removed. So after surgery the nausea was gone. Please tell your doctor to have it removed. Good Luck Sorry for all your pain.Take care. Bfn.😎👍

• Posted

No. Do not advise this. I had mine removed they gave me chronic diarrhoea for 4 years, infection, bleeding, chrons disease and bile salt malabsorption. I'm 22 and haven't left the house in 4 years as they still don't know what ELSE is wrong. I was told gb removal has no side effects... it totally does. Don't get it removed when they can now rid gallstones and also they're not offering the removal now usually just ridding stones (up here anyway) I had a pal got theirs removed, they destroyed her pancreas. Same hospital xD

• Posted

Omg fr? I got mine removed at 19 i thought it was the best thing ever i was no longer having pains. Cuz my galbladder was filled with stones like it was about to burst. It was so painful i thought i was going to die that day. Now im having pains again. I got a mrcp today to figure out of any stones was left behind but like alqays they never give your results the same day so you stay wondering if its something more sinister. sad
    • Posted

Sorry for you. I didn't get any problems like u. I'm pain free and nausea free now. Maybe your doctors didn't know what they are doing. Are u in UK. Or America.

• Posted

Aww I'm sorry. Yea they still are thinking about taking mine out, but all the tests they have done to look at my gall bladder, all come back normal. I don't have any stones or anything in my gall bladder

• Posted

But I dont have any stones or anything in my gall bladder. All the tests show my GB is perfectly fine and normal. But since every thing else came back normal too, they are still thunking about removing it to see if it helps but I don't want to get it removed

• Posted

It sounds to me like you have parasites in your guts.  This may sound disgusting but we all have parasites. You need to cleanse your system, come off all processed sugar, that includes white flour, wheat flour, gluten, dairy, white rice, pasta, etc, and a host of other foods you are probably consuming, you are feeding the parasites in your stomach, while you are feeling the pain the parasite are enjoying your stomach.  If you want more info. hit me up or visit my blog at www.mamanurseknowsbest.com and I will be glad to help.  good luck...   

• Posted

But I don't really eat anything, so how can I be feeding the parasites. I havemt had an actual meal in minths because it hurts to eat anything. It doesn't mstter what I lut in my mouth, but as soon as I swallow it, it constantly causes pain in my stomach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.