I've been sick for about a year, does anyone know what's wrong?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Ive been having severe abdominal pain for about a year now and ive been to the ER a few time and to many doctirs and noone can figure out what's wrong with me.

I am always in pain and it gets worse as soon as I eat or drink something.. So I havent had an actual meal for months because it hurts to bad. I am always neasuos and I get really bad headaches too.

I have had 2 endoscopy's, 1 colonoscopy, an ultrasound, a cat scan, and a HIDA scan to check my gall bladder. I've also had lots of blood work done. But everything came back normal and doctors are still trying to figure out whats wring with me. But its been a while and in tired of waiting and I'm in so,much pain and I am only 18 years old and I am to going to be going threw this.

Its not normal to not be able to eat, anytime I put any food or drink in my mouth and swallow, it instantly makes my stomach hurt more.

My pain in my stomach is usually dull and everywhere but then while I have the dull pain, I get a sharp pain on my upper right where my gall bladder is. The sharp pain isn't always there but it comes quite a bit and hurts really bad. I'm in so much pain and somedays I will just lay in bed crying cause it hurts so bad.

Please help me if you have any thoughts or suggestions.

I'm already taking Ranitidine, Amitriptyline, Bentto, and promethazine.

Ive also been on omeprozol, and carafate, and Zofran for nausea but I stopped those cause the doctors said they were not working.

Please let me know if you think if anything.

Thank you so much!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Bri3134

What foods do you eat when you eat?..you may have a food intolerance...have you been tested for allergies?..you may have a lactose or gluten intolerance ask your doc to be tested for these food intolerances and also get your vit D tested low vit D can cause digestion problems...best wishes for a speedy diagnosis.....

• Posted

It doesnt matter what I eat. As soon as I talk a single bite or drink, it instantly causes pain in my stomach. I don't really eat anything because of it. I a lot if the time will try to eat a granola bar or some grapes, but I can never finish it cause it hurts to bad.

• Posted

Hi Bri3314

You may have gallbladder pancreatitis whereby you have blocked ducts causing pain and nausea. Ask your doc to refer you to check your pancreas...you mention you have had scans but on what they may have bypassed the pancreas......best wishes..

• Posted

Have the gb surgery. Then you will no longer need to take all if those ppi and zofran and the rest of those stomach meds. Believe me I got off of all of those meds too. Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.