I've been taking 1600mg dosage of cabamazepine/day for over 3 years but pain coming back

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been talking the above dosage as mentioned above 4 times a day but the pain keeps recurring.I've also noticed that I feel drowsy and become unsteady on my feet.Is there something Iam doing wrong?I need advice fast!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Our bodies get used to pain meds and they stop working. Maybe a good idea to go see Dr. so they can change your meds. I would get off my meds when my condition would go into remission. Had surgery no pain for now. Good Luck
    • Posted

Ernestine,thank you for your advice.I think the biggest problem is my age.I have been told that surgery at over 50 is not advisable(I stand corrected),particularly in a place where there are no proper Neuro surgeons and facilities (sorry offence intended).

Both these factors affect me?

• Posted

Over 50? That’s the excuse I kept getting. I am now 82 and had the balloon therapy at 79. Anyway it’s up to you. No more advice from me on this subject. 
    • Posted

Geoffrey, I think I should have been more precise.I live in a developing country and I doubt if we have qualified doctors to carry out the balloon procedure successfully. Thank you for your advice.I will definitely travel outside to try it.

• Posted

Green Roads is brand I use of CBD. I can buy it locally, but can buy on line, different products available different strengths.Hope it helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.