I'VE BEEN TAKING ZOPILCONE FOR 15 YEARS.

Posted , 47 users are following.

I'VE BEEN ON ZOPILCONE FOR 15 YEARS. I TRYED TO STOP TAKING THEM WITHOUT ANY MEDICAL HELP. THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE VERY BAD. I HAD FAST HEART RATE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, SWEATS, THE JERKS AND BREATHING PROBLEMS. I WAS TAKING 5 TO 6, 7.5MG PER NIGHT IN THE END. I'M GETTING HELP TO COME OFF THEM. I AM MENT TO BE TAKING 3.75MG AT 3 ONE NIGHT THEN 2 THE NIGHT AFTER, AND SO ON. THE PROBLEM IS IS THAT I'M GIVEN 45 PILLS EVERY TWO WEEKS. THATS JUST LIKE GIVING AN HEROINE ADDICT HEROINE AND SAYING TAKE ONE LINE A NIGHT. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO STOP OR WHERE TO GET THE HELP I NEED. THIS STUFF IS SO UNDERESTIMATED BY GP'S AND THEY DON'T MONITOR YOU AND STOP YOU AFTER THE RECOMMENDED TIME STATED MY MANUFACTURES.r

6 likes, 90 replies

90 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I would not be able to sleep if i dint have my zopiclone, im on 7.5mg a night , but some times i cheat, i know that isnt the answer but i can stay awake on them too, if i didnt have zopiclone i would be awake all night , probly could stay awake 2 days without sleep., i suffer with mental health , stres and anziety disorder and social phobia aso you can imagine what my life is like, the only thing i feel ive got right is my 5 children. im on other meds too, mirtazapine, pregabaline, simvastatin and diazapan .
  • Posted

Hi all this is my first post on this site so bear with me.

Im 23 and currently addicted the the evil Zopiclone. My Dr classes it as a benzo as the withdrawals from it are the same. At the moment i have to pick up daily perscriptions of 15mg. This is the does they initially started me on. Im trying to wean off it but hell its not fun. at so stages before i was on daily prescriptions i was taking god knows how much. it would be id take them....still not asleep....take some more ....... still not asleep. it just got completely out of control. Has anyone found a reduction regime that works and is tolerable regarding the side effects?

Big LOVE! Stay STRONG! Keep PEACE!

• Posted

Hi sammy just come across ur post and wondering how u got on xx
  • Posted

After taking a lot of zopiclone for 35 years I had to go cold turkey in the end. Reason...I was taking them in the day too because of their addictive nature. As mentioned above severe memory loss was awful and destroying my personality.

This is my experience and I'm not a doctor but I went from taking a lot and reducing it down by 7.5 mg every night. When I got to my final 7.5 mg the following night I didn't take anything. I'm not going to lie I didn't want to come off them as I was frightened I'd never be able to sleep again. The first week was hard. I hardly slept so I made sure I did it over the holiday period as I was exhausted through the day. The following week I started sleeping better and it got better and better and 3 months on I'm sleeping really well without being a slave to zopiclone.

I never thought I could do it but I'm sleeping much better now and feeling refreshed in the morning and not hungover.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Xxx

• Posted

I know it has been over a year since your comment but just want to say thanks anyway.  Have been taking zoplicone 7.5 for many years and was up to 7 at one time.  Now down to 2.5 a nite.  Been wanting to go cold turkey but was very afraid of withdrawal symptoms but after reading your blob I am now going to try cold turkey.  Thankyou
    • Posted

Stick in there. I hope your doing well. You do get your life back xxxx
  • Posted

I have been taking Zopiclone since 2000 maybe earlier,I forget.I was told when I started that they were

Not addictive.How wrong that was.trying to come off them is horrific.hallucinations,nightmares palpitations.

I managed to come off them for a while,but started to take them again .I take either 3.75 or 7.50every night,but they are now not really working and so I find myself taking an extra 3.75 if I wake up really early.I now get

dizzy spells and feel dreadful during the day so even though I know the withdrawal symptoms will be awful I MUST try to stop this habit as it is ruining my life..

Zopiclone are fine to take for a short period but from my experience,are terrible in the long term.

• Posted

I have been put on a course of Zimovane (14 tablets) to try and and help me get a full nights sleep without spending 8+ hours staring at the back of my eyelids. I've got it online without a prescription and now I'm on my 4th day.

Hopefully they work for the intended purpose and I don’t have any side effects except dry mouth and a strange taste on the tongue. But I'm really scared about the addiction you all here are talking guys. Maybe I should stop it now...

• Posted

KEEP TO THE PRESCRIBED DOSE.  Once you start taking more you are in trouble. 

• Posted

Please help does anyone know if there is a treatment for dependency/addiction to zopiclone?

I take between 20 and 40 7.5mg a day and it has increased slowly over the last six years. They are both prescribed and purchased from the internet.

I do not wish to substitute one addiction for another but cannot face going cold turkey.

I took an overdose last week and took over 120 zopiclone tablets along with a combination of other medication and alcohol and drugs.

I am waiting for the crisis team to contact me.

I need something to help with the withdrawals as I have read that the treatment is weaning and not to stop altogether when my body is used to this amount as it can bring on epilepsy and heart attacks. Ironic as I tried to end my life only last week you would think that I don't care.

I Have been to the doctor and the hospital obviously and they would not prescribe me anything.

HELP!!!!! I'm very scared.

• Posted

zopiclone??? im 55 yrs old... was given zoiclone when i was 29 years old, main reason, bad child hood, when i got to a mature age, my past cought up with me.

was happy with my wife, and child, and always worked, self employed decorator.

whent to the doctor, told him of my past, most he new.he gave me 2???? 7.5 mil of zopiclone, at first they worked, but like most off you, when you start on them, your in heaven for half an hour, when the drug sets in, i dont get that at all now, i have tried everything to get of these drugs, if i only take 1,i dont sleep, i stair at the ceiling all nite, take 2 ?? i fall asleep for an hour , may be 30 mins more, all the doctor say is, you carnt have any more, get sleep when you can??? its not that, its the feeling of going all nite and your mind its ticking on. its a terible feeling. and them that said they take more ,as some of you do??? if your on 3 or 33 tablets, all is happing. is your body is getting use to the amount, so you have to keep up to the high dossige your on. its the devils drug,and like everyone on hear, im adicted, and see no way out, god bless you all

• Posted

I have been taking Zopliclone for several years and ended up the maximun 1 took was 2 x 7.5's at night.  Recently I saw a different psychiatrist who decided to take me off Zopliclone and give me Tamazapam instead as this would give me a better sleep.  She did not listen when I explained that benzo's do not have any impact on me.  I tried this for a week and had no sleep.  I managed to contact my psychiatrist who put me back on Zopliclone but reduced me to one 7.5mg at night.  I did not think this would work but an surprised that is it.  I have to take it a lot earlier that previously and take it a 7pm now...by the time 11.30pm comes I am nice and relaxed and go to bed tv on and then into a nice slumber.  I dont get a whole nights sleep but manage till 4am, and doze on and off there after.  I am hopeful that it remains like this but early days yet.  I hope that you are ale to get some sleep as its torture without it and that they manage to find a way to reduce them without causing you futher stress.  Fingers crossed for you x

• Posted

I want to post to tell my story and let people know there is hope. I live in Canada and I wish the doctor's would catch up and realise the dangers of zoplicone. I was on it for fifteen years at three 7.5 tablets and started abusing them 5 years in. I would down 18 near the end and not feel high just depressed. I have bipolar disorder and an anxiety disorder and the meds that I was on for these things weren't working. The zoplicone seemed to help at first but I became addicted. Addiction is a progressive illness it doesn't go away on its own. I finally overdosed and took 120 tablets and didn't even fall asleep. I believe God intervened. I spent about 2 weeks in the hospital being weaned off which was horrible. I was given clonazapam to start and then got off that with the Ashton plan. I go to Narcotics Anonymous meetings for support. Don't try to do this by yourself I believe that the more cases that come to light the more this dangerous drug will be controlled and used with caution. At first it was he'll and it sure isn't easy but recovery is possible

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.