I’ve completely stopped sleeping and I am terrified

Posted , 16 users are following.

Please, please help I am terrified. I can’t sleep at all and as I drop off my whole body jerks and twitches. The doctor has given me 2ms of diazepam along with propranonol but the minute they wear off I am back again jerking and twitching. I am so scared I have something seriously wrong yet no one will refer me anywhere. What can I do? I am due back at work in a week. 

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well I can tell you I’ve been like this 3 months and counting now but unlike u I can’t even get any medicine to work I’ve had diazepam started on 2mg ended up on 10mg help a bit for 2 hours sleep here and there I went 8 days straight after giving birth without even one hour then collapsed for 4 hours that’s why I went to gp I’ve been giving numerous sleeping pills all to which have worked couple of hours or haven’t worked at all I’ve had 20mg temazepam zoplicone all have failed now I’ve took my self off everything and waiting for my hormones to be checked but for me I’m going weeks at time without any sleep then I reach for a diazepam if it works I’m lucky to get an odd hour or too it’s torture
    • Posted

Thank you so much for replying. I feel so alone. Perhaps we can be in this together. I keep thinking there is something terribly wrong with me. Loads of hugs coming your way through cyber space.
    • Posted

Hi Ruth 😊

Ya never in your own believe me, there are thousands out there who sit up with the tv and thinking just like you. I'm only and there must be something wrong with me, what do you try and do in the day and evening to help chill and relax, you got lots of things going on in your life at mo, I'm here. Big Hugs coming your way, just promise yourself never worry it'll make it worse, let us know how ya going on. Stay Safe and never make you feel afraid

😀PJ

• Posted

The light from TV and computer screens stimulates the brain making it more difficult to get back to sleep. Have you tried reading instead or just lay in bed with a relaxing music CD on.

• Posted

Medicine  is not the answer for any sleep problem. They dont work ,even worse the situation
    • Posted

I agree. But this has been so severe there has been no other way. 
  • Posted

I agree I do think the medicine is prolonging the imsonia but I’m so desperate for rest im a mum of a 3month old 2 year old and 5 year old I think you have to take something when you try natural and it doesn’t work it’s super lonely but Ruth hopefully we will get sorted I really hope they can find a fix and plz don’t try and sleep like force yourself as this only made my anxiety worse I’m learning about this sleep condition everyday hoping I go back normal stay strong xx
    • Posted

At the moment the medicine is helping me but I hate taking it. Forcing myself to sleep all day isn’t helping. We have to be there for each other because the professional support is just not out there. 
    • Posted

Shelby, if you feel like it let me know how you are doing today. 
  • Posted

**Me too. I am also terrified and agree it is torture. I think mine might be because I may have lupus that's gone undiagnosed for 30 years. I'm very scared and miserable.

I got 2 hours sleep the whole night, and last night I got 0-1 hours. It is awful

• Posted

I feel your pain. the past few days I haven't slept at all. It's so damn annoying..

• Posted

How does if affect you bodily the next day ? I do have a form of neuropathy and a back problem but I feel that exhaustion has an effect on my balance.

• Posted

It makes my body feel so exhausted. Sometimes it would make me irritable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.