I’ve completely stopped sleeping and I am terrified

Posted , 16 users are following.

Please, please help I am terrified. I can’t sleep at all and as I drop off my whole body jerks and twitches. The doctor has given me 2ms of diazepam along with propranonol but the minute they wear off I am back again jerking and twitching. I am so scared I have something seriously wrong yet no one will refer me anywhere. What can I do? I am due back at work in a week. 

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

sorry i wrote this over a year ago now . i just wanted to come back on here because when i was poorly and desperate for someone to tell me that i wasnt going mad i thought this might help someone whoes in that dark place right now . please can i be the first to say after a massive recovery from depression and insomnia i mean like from been to hell and back rock bottom not only am i feeling better im even happier . i never thought i would say that . anyone who tells you ull be better over night is lying it takes time its taking me months to build back up everything my mood my sleep my depression its all connected i was convinced i just couldnt sleep i actually got wound up when people told me i was depressed but when i really sat down and thought about it it made sense . i was convinced i had fatal insomnia i actually didnt sleep more then a few hours in 2 full months straight . i was a mess to say the least but ive learned 2 very important things one you dont have fatal insomnia and two obsessing about not sleeping stops you from sleeping . the way i dealt with it changed everything . instead of thing omg i hope i sleep tonight winding my self up for failure . i just thought rest lay down if im not sleeping then im resting my body and slowly slowly it wasnt easy bear in mind its hell im with you its torture but my pattern came back slowly 1 hour then 2 then 3 etc . i only take an anti depressant now which took around 2 months to work i nearly gave up but im so glad i didnt it saved my life . ive had every percription going every sleeping pill every diazepan every loraxepam tamazepan etc .....none worked they are no good but dont judge yourselfs its something you might need to try i dont judge myself i had to do what i had to do to know what works best for me finally please dont anyone give up YOU WILL GET BETTER no eye rolls please lol. like how you know no i wont (that was me awhile back at others saying it ) but genuinely im back to been me and this horror made me strong good luck guys keep happy xx

• Posted

Thanks so much for coming back here shelby and letting us know. i too am in a really difficult spot atm. 9 days on 4 hours sleep. Just so worried what this is doing to my health.

How did you manage to do things during the day? Currently so sick, nauseus, headaches, stomach cramps. Feel like this is killing me. So did you stop all sleeping medication? I keep getting surges of adrenaline every time im about to nod off.

Super Frustrating 😡

• Posted

thanks for the update!! im convinced its not depression or anxiety. but maybe it is? i had a very colicky baby and so had anxiety. i started zoloft and it gave me horrible panic attacks and insomnia and sleep anxiety but then i went on ativan and amitriptyline which rly didnt help because i was sooo anxious about sleepinf but then when i calmed down and accepted things i slept fine. everytbing was good and my baby was better and i had no anxiety any longer. but then i came off after two months and i started waking every 20 min, constant dreaming too. i wasnt anxious i just figured the introduction of lexapro was causing it like zoloft did. i stopped lex and figured itd resolve in a few weeks. but it didnt. i sleep in hour chunks a year later. i can hardly perceive sleep. i just remember dreams. was your sleep like that? now i am very depressed and have a lot of anxiety about it during the day. i am calm at night tho. its so confusing. i feel like the meds ruined my sleep but maybe its all me? i want to believe it will get better and i rly hope it does.

• Posted

just please dont scare yourself it made me so poorly worrying i guess i just accepted the fact that as long as i rest then my body is resting and in time my sleep began to come back not overnight it has taken time but i think aslong as you know that your actually not alone and going mad i think you just accept it even though your exhausted . no i take zero sleeping pills they are defintley not a long term fix sorry for the late reply i wasnt even sure my update went live xx

• Posted

honestly i think medicine do affect us , thats why it took longer for me to find something that works well and believe me i tried . i never wanted to accept that i was depressed but when i sit down and think i just think we all become overwhelmed weather we notice it or not . the biggest thing i think is that dont be hard on yourself these things happen to alot of people and reading the bad experiences on here can send you into a meltdown . i rember having weird dreams when sleep did come but i also after becoming restless and the night when i couldnt sleep then became relaxed and just thought whatever happens tonight im not stressing . we all have stuff that affects us weather we notice or not . sometimes it takes the sleep issues to figure stuff out all the crazy emotions but i honestly can say i was at rock bottom with all this sleep and axiety but now im 95% back to myself and i never thought that would happen so u defo can get back

• Posted

thank you. as you know ive never experienced such hell before. ive missed my babys first year of life it feels like. i feel hopeless but i still hold on to a thread of hope. thank you for your story. you didnt have to come back on here and update us but you did and for that i am so thankful for. i hope to do the same day. do you mind me asking which antidepressant you are on and do you feel that things took a turn for the better once on it? im so scared of meds now cause i feel it started all of this for me. maybe it did but maybe now i am just perpetuating it. thank you!

• Posted

Hi I've been on this page over the last year dont keep well with depression although doing good just now. last year I stopped sleeping completely for about 3 weeks I ended up really I'll. however just too let yius know I tried everything onmy thing that worked for me was valarian tablets from Holland and barrett 337mg these worked I took one before bed. also nytol worked too. just trying too help I know how bad it got for me... x

• Posted

thank you Karen! i did try valerian. i got the dried herb and steeped it as i heard steeping it releases the medicinal qualities best. perhaps capsules would work better. thank you

• Posted

i know the gulit feeling of thinking youve missed out on babies first year i kept thinking will he remember but honestly my son dusnt even notice i was unwell its just us mums been hard on ourselfs . im taking amitripline . i actually didnt like this at first but thank god i kept on because after 6 weeks not overnight it really work u feel worse before u feel better xx

• Posted

get ambien, my body hurts when i lay down, but ambien will numb u and put u out.

• Posted

Hi Ruth,

Sorry to hear about your sleep issue. I drink peppermint tea when that happens to me. Most of the time it works. Here are some tips that may help you sleep: http://healthyflavor.xyz/TIP5Tp. Hope this helps you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.