I've got shingles

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi,

Ive had shingles now for about 2 weeks. I only noticed the blisters about 7days ago. Though I had pain under my breast and round to my back. I was treating the rash for a day or two with sudocrem thinking it was a heat rash. (I've quite large breasts) then noticed blisters and it spreading.

after reading this forum I'm assuming I had a mildish attack.

it painful but I try not to take much pain relief. Only at night. I had to ask gp for Amytriptline. She only gave me antiviral meds. 

I work for a palliative community team. 

My gp did not think I needed to go off on the sick. I took a few annual leave days and with my usual days off, will be off for just over a week.  Is this enough?  

My family and friends are telling me different. 

I feel,ok except for the pain. Get a fairly good nights sleep now after taking amytriptiline. 

Indont seen to suffer the awful,fatigue some of you speak off. 

Though I did at the beginning. 

What should I do? Go off on the sick? Or try to go back to see how I am. 

4 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So went to pain clinic today and they are doing a spinal nerve blocker on me next week. They said im in bad shape seeing how i broke my ribs 2 years ago and this is where i am having all the pain. They also upped gabapentin and said i could take 600 milligrams three times a day.. Wowza then they gave me cream to put on and it had chili peppers in it and it burned my skin. Ouch!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.