I've had a blocked right ear for 3 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

My right ear is blocked and it's driving me mad. I have LPR (acid reflux) which may cause it as well as post nasal drip. I have seen ENT and they say is a blocked Eustacian tube. I can hear ok but when I speak all I can hers is my own voice in my head ! Any ideas how I can get over this. I've tried decongestants, steaming, ant acids. Any advice would be appreciated thanks

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. I am new to this. I live in Canada. I have thes same problems. June 2014, a year ago, when my ear started popping out of the blue. It was my left ear only. I saw my GP who suggested allergy medication and nasal spray. I tried both and it did not work. I had 2 more nasal sprays and again, did not work. I went back to my GP and referred me to an ENT. I had to wait 5 months ... Month 5, I was still suffering from ear popping and my hearing started to seem muffled and lots of ear pressure and fullness in both ears. I saw an ENT who had nothing to say or helped at all. He said I have ETD and good luck. Only suggested an ear popper device. I bought an ear popper which costed me almost $200. It works ... but only for a few minutes because my ears will feel pressure and full again. It is like I have to use this device 24/7. Month 12, It is now June 2015 .. I am still suffering. I had a hearing test done 4 months ago and found out that I lost 10d in my left ear. I wanted to cry. Why? Because I am already hearing impaired. I wear hearing aids in both ears. I now have anxiety and will probably have a breakdown soon because no one will help me. Two weeks ago, I am hearing humming in my right ear. It is very upsetting and annoying. It won't go away either. The popping in my left ear only happens when I am laying down, sleeping. It goes away when I get up. All day, everyday, I have fullness, pressure in both ears and now I have a humming nose in my right ear. I went back to my GP who referred me to a second ENT. I have no idea how long I will be waiting .... I am only 24 years old, female. I have no idea what to do anymore. I also have acid reflux my whole life so I don't know what is going on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.