I've had BV for 8 years please help me

Posted , 29 users are following.

I have had BV / bacterial vaginosis for 8 years after receiving oral sex. Since then I have had many test,maybe 10 doctors, clear pap smears,hundreds of dollars in “cures” or appointments. I have taken many pills,supplements,homemade cures to try to cure.Most recently I tried Genitan Violet, it pretty much burned 3 treatments in, in my labia minora and the smell is already coming back…Some of these helped for the time i used them, but as soon as I stopped it came right back Since then I have had no sexual contact with any one because what man would want a person who smells like rotten meat, ammonia, or fish .. one of my many smells which I have had every day without cease for 8 goddamn years..But I must admit I did quit for months on end because it was draining my pocketbook and so damn depressing i’m a 27 year old virgin thanks to this beside the oral sex. before the sexual encounter i had never even had a yeast infection let alone any sort of smell.. can someone help me? I’d like to have a healthy sex life or even a chance at love, but if I can’t even get rid of this smell I may as well prepare for no kids,or marriage or any kind of intimate life

here is the list of everything i have tried

FOLIC ACID (2014-16)

METRO GEL (2008,2013) **GAVE ME A RASH,BUT I STILL COMPLETED THE TREATMENT

GARLIC (2015)

PROBIOTICS (2012) (2015)

YOGURT(2009,2015)

ZINC(2015)

MULTIVITAMINS (2015)

AMOXICILLIN (2008)

AZO (2009,2011)

REPHRESH (2009)

VINEGAR (2014,2015)

PEROXIDE (2015)

DOUCHING (2015)

CLINDAMICYIN (2013)

FLAGYL (2008)

DIFICULAN (2008)

BORIC ACID (2014,2015) - EVENTUALLY START DAMAGING MY BITS

VITAMIN C (2015) - BURNED LIKE HELL

BAKING SODA (2015)

Fluconazole (2009)

Miconazole nitrate (2009)

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (2014,2015)

WATER (2014,2015)

EPSOM SALT BATHS (2015)

DIET CHANGES (2008-2015)

TEA TREE OIL (2014)

NORFORMS (2015)

CHLOROPHYL  -LIQUID(2016)

PREBIOTIC (2015-16)

GENITAN VIOLET - (2016)

PROBIOTIC (2016)

FOLIC ACID + B12 (2016)

MORE BORIC ACID (2016)

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

1 like, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi.  I had BV for years and finally  my Dr was off one day when I called in for more antibiotics and I got a different Dr on the phone that gave me the cure I had been waiting for that I never thought would happen.  I was told to go online to amazon (which i did) and buy boric acid capsules.  Use them once a night vaginally for 4-6 weeks.  Also take a womans vaginal lactbillious (spelling isn't exact right but purchased it at Walgreens over the counter) oral probiotic for bacteria for several months as the bottle states.  Also was told the first few nights after year periods ends insert a boric acid capsule. They are inserted in your vaginal and dissolve.  Do the same after you have sex.  Do this for three months.  I did just that and finally got rid of it once and for all.  I haven't done a thing as far as the capsules or probiotic pills etc for over a year and haven't had any reoccuring problems since. Forget the antiobitoics and running to the Dr.  It doesn't work.  Take care of it yourself.   I am so very thankful to the Dr that finally gave me this information.  Don't loose hope it works.  The trick is to be consistent.

• Posted

the vaginal capsules are 600 milligrams called PH-D boric acid made by Vireo  bought from amazon.  I don't have the bottles any more for the probiotics I used.  But I remember it said for vaginal health.

• Posted

I work at amazon btw smile but okay thank you for the info. How long did you take both pills before you stopped? Did the vaginal pills burn?

• Posted

Okay nvm I found the answer in your other message. Thank you so so much I can't wait to try this

• Posted

I took both for 4 weeks daily.  Then just the vaginal pills after my period stopped for two nights and after se the next two months.  That was it.  No they did not burn.  Some white pill discharge as the pills disolved but nothing major.
    • Posted

Okay so do the symptoms go away as you're taking the boric acid pills? So both daily for 4 weeks & then after sex & your period. I'm just trying to b clear on what you did so I can get rid of this. I bought vitamin c pills with rosehip & I know some women insert them vaginally. Have you heard about that? I also heard that they burn & cause bleeding.

• Posted

Hi. Yes exactly what i did to end the nightmare of bv. And yes the smell was gone after a week and the slimy white discharge too. But don't stop doing the pills because it will be back. Keep on to get the bacteria all killed and your ph back on track. It will seem like a long time but to finally end this bv embarrasing nightmare it is so worth it. I have no idea how i got it to start with but fingers crossed it is never back and i have the vaginal pills on hand just in case...

• Posted

Also i never heard of vaginally taking that other stuff. I don't know if i would do that...

• Posted

What probiotic did u buy for the vaginal health? I have acidophilus and it says digestive health?
    • Posted

Sry I just membered u said u can't member the name of it. I'm so sick of taking pills sad

• Posted

Okay so its perfectly okay to insert the boric acid pills vaginally?
    • Posted

tried this for 2 months.. i had to take a break because it was causing serious irration like my vagina was having tears...

i guess i'll try it again.. 

i guess the one good thing about boric acid is that i can not a have a smell for 2-3 days..if i ever have sex i can smell okay for 2 -3 days... 

• Posted

I don't recall the name but it had lactobacillus. And was for female vahinal health. Said on bottle for yeast and bacterial infections. Bought at walgrens just off the shelf. Was a white bottle and was white capsules gaken twice a day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.